TCQ update: If Sox Out of Contention, Shut-Down...Maybe

Jimbo's Drinker

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is really bad news but I think even worse news is AL Central being so 'mediocre' this year.

With us still quite possibly being 'in it' the team has to do good and maybe Carlos can come back by ASB, without being actually healthy.

I posted similar response in the game thread but the next couple of days will determine how this plays out. If we look to be out of it by the end of the month, they should shut down Carlos Quentin and start the youth movement, and getting this team set up to win in 2010.

Edited by tommy

If he can't stay healthy, why keep him around?

His 2008 season was amazing, but I don't think it will ever be repeated cause he can't stay healthy. His wrist injury was a freak accident, but this other stuff is just nagging....

The foot injury is just that a long term injury. I don't know what other injuries he's really had aside from the arm trouble which goes back to his college days.

I'm not predicting another 2008 season, but he'll have a few ASG in a Sox uni.

If he can't stay healthy, why keep him around?

His 2008 season was amazing, but I don't think it will ever be repeated cause he can't stay healthy. His wrist injury was a freak accident, but this other stuff is just nagging....

Jesus.. ok look first of all you don't release a guy with that much talent. You trade him to get good value. I've said this numerous times now, Carlos is an elite talent but is very injury prone. I would love to see us keep this stud for years to come, but if he's still like this (and mind you he's been like this with injuries for years) in 2-4 years if KW gets a good haul for him.. bye bye CQ. You just don't release him.. AT ALL.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 05:10 PM)
Jesus.. ok look first of all you don't release a guy with that much talent. You trade him to get good value. I've said this numerous times now, Carlos is an elite talent but is very injury prone. I would love to see us keep this stud for years to come, but if he's still like this (and mind you he's been like this with injuries for years) in 2-4 years if KW gets a good haul for him.. bye bye CQ. You just don't release him.. AT ALL.

To be fair i think his release would be jusitified if he punched jerry reinsdorf in the face, maybe if he even just punched ozzie in the face.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 03:11 PM)
Well, the good news is...hypothetically speaking, this gives Anderson one last chance. Possibly.

Anderson will play in CF until Danks is ready and than at that point, if Anderson still hasn't produced, who knows who our other outfielder would be (I can't imagine it will be Pods at that point, but maybe).

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 03:10 PM)

An awful lot of guys have grown out of their "Injury prone" phase too.

Carlos's body/swing are sort of unique in how much he uses his upper body compared to his legs. His upper body is ridiculously strong. I could see his shoulders or even his wrists winding up being longer-term problems for him because of how he swings...but Plantar Fasciitis...now that just seems darn freaky.

QUOTE (Cali @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 03:14 PM)
Fine let me rephrase, he wont be with the White Sox in 2011

Haha Cali. At least we agree that there is a lot of reason to be excited about the Southsiders (Flowers/Becks/Danks/Poreda/Hudson/Carter).

To be fair i think his release would be jusitified if he punched jerry reinsdorf in the face, maybe if he even just punched ozzie in the face.

If thats the case with either two.. then there should be a resturant/statue in his honor in Chicago. He'd be bigger than anyone not named Jordan (but close). Or at least in my eyes, mostly because I don't like Ozzie Guillen too much (as a manager) and I dispise Jerry Reinsdorf.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 05:14 PM)
An awful lot of guys have grown out of their "Injury prone" phase too.

Carlos's body/swing are sort of unique in how much he uses his upper body compared to his legs. His upper body is ridiculously strong. I could see his shoulders or even his wrists winding up being longer-term problems for him because of how he swings...but Plantar Fasciitis...now that just seems darn freaky.

In reply to your previous post ya seems like Brian will be playing for now, but we get to deal with Wise too.

Talking about the injury, does 'torn labrum' have anything to do with Plantar Fasciitis?

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 03:15 PM)
Haha Cali. At least we agree that there is a lot of reason to be excited about the Southsiders (Flowers/Becks/Danks/Poreda/Hudson/Carter).

haha true

But I just dont think he's ever gonna be healthy consistently. Based purely on a hunch. I'm not "smart" and haven't done any "research" about it, just a hunch...

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 03:14 PM)
Anderson will play in CF until Danks is ready and than at that point, if Anderson still hasn't produced, who knows who our other outfielder would be (I can't imagine it will be Pods at that point, but maybe).

I'm in no mood to rush D2: the Mighty Danks until I'm convinced he's significantly cut down on the strikeouts. Right now his numbers are great but he's still riding a .420 BABIP in the minors.

QUOTE (Cali @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 03:17 PM)
haha true

But I just dont think he's ever gonna be healthy consistently. Based purely on a hunch. I'm not "smart" and haven't done any "research" about it, just a hunch...

I had a hunch that the SOx were going to trade for Randy Johnson a few years ago. Hopefully your hunch is as wrong as mine was, lol. I also have a hunch that we'll see Jordan Danks by the end of August, more likely by July.

QUOTE (tommy @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 03:16 PM)
In reply to your previous post ya seems like Brian will be playing for now, but we get to deal with Wise too.

Talking about the injury, does 'torn labrum' have anything to do with Plantar Fasciitis?

No, Plantar Fasciitis is in the foot. Labrum is in your shoulder.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 03:18 PM)
I had a hunch that the SOx were going to trade for Randy Johnson a few years ago. Hopefully your hunch is as wrong as mine was, lol. I also have a hunch that we'll see Jordan Danks by the end of August, more likely by July.

I'm not going to say your hunch is wrong...I am going to say it's a mistake if we do so.