Sigh

Nokona

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 10:02 PM)
Obviously not, but they need to let the front office know they wont stand for this s***.

But..but..but...we tried to trade for Jake Peavy. The front office won't care about the booing, but they deserve so much of the blame for this below average roster. KW neglected the 2009 Sox this offseason, so let's just hope he doesn't try to add anything to salvage a sinking ship.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a damn shame that Wise is still getting this much playing time. Of course, you here Hawk saying "well, he's coming off the injury and he would have had a longer rehab assignment if not for all the injuries up here." He might have a valid point if Wise had a decent track record. This team just isn't very good, especially with CQ out.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 04:03 PM)
Tito...I usually like you, but I would likely to politely tell you to just take a step back and relax. Wise is on the roster right now cause we have no one else to call up. You do realize it would be Lillibridge most likely? Hopefully CQ comes up on Wednesday, and you will see Wise DFA'd.

Just give Kroeger or Restovich a chance for awhile. Neither of them will be here long-term, but GOSH, I thought the days of Matt Merullo and Shawn Abner in the OF were sad, or the late 80's teams...this might even be worse, if not for the influx of talent we're all waiting on to deliver.

Heck, I wouldn't even care if they gave someone like David Cook or Gartrell a chance, anything different would be nice at this point.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 04:04 PM)
But..but..but...we tried to trade for Jake Peavy. The front office won't care about the booing, but they deserve so much of the blame for this below average roster. KW neglected the 2009 Sox this offseason, so let's just hope he doesn't try to add anything to salvage a sinking ship.

My thoughts exactly. I would much rather be in dead last around the all-star break than be .500 and have KW trade prospects for veterans to help a team that isn't a World Series contender.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 04:03 PM)
Tito...I usually like you, but I would likely to politely tell you to just take a step back and relax. Wise is on the roster right now cause we have no one else to call up. You do realize it would be Lillibridge most likely? Hopefully CQ comes up on Wednesday, and you will see Wise DFA'd.

Honestly, I'd rather have Lillibridge. At least the guy could take a walk and provided a late inning PR who could steal a base.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 04:06 PM)
My thoughts exactly. I would much rather be in dead last around the all-star break than be .500 and have KW trade prospects for veterans to help a team that isn't a World Series contender.

That's what I've been saying for the last few days. I'd rather him trade our stars for prospects rather than our prospects for stars. It's gonna get ugly in the farm system again if we somehow end up taking 4 of 5 from the Tigers.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 04:06 PM)
my biggest fear is in 2-3 weeks when Manny comes back and Pierre starts grumbling about riding the bench KW trades for him. I will flip OUT if KW wastes the payroll flexability on Pierre, absolutely go ape.

There's zero reason to trade for Pierre with Pods playing as well as he has...unless you can replace Colon with a significant upgrade, assuming they don't believe that's Poreda in 2009, then there's just not really any way to compete with the depth of the Tigers' starting rotation.

Not to mention they have a better offense and a decent bullpen this year, too.

Even if CQ was out the entire season, there would be no reason to trade for Juan Pierre.

We need someone like Dunn (gasp!) to pick up the offensive slack, not another punch-and-judy hitter well past his prime.

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 04:07 PM)
That's what I've been saying for the last few days. I'd rather him trade our stars for prospects rather than our prospects for stars. It's gonna get ugly in the farm system again if we somehow end up taking 4 of 5 from the Tigers.

I think 3 of 5 would do it, especially if the Twins don't do anything over that stretch and the Sox somehow find themselves in 2nd place after the series.

He'll also have 4 new guys after tomorrow to justify trading prospects. (I know you can't trade those guys, heck you have to sign them, but he might see more flex down there after tomorrow)

I'm not too afraid of 3 or 4 of 5, they may get 1

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 04:10 PM)
There's zero reason to trade for Pierre with Pods playing as well as he has...unless you can replace Colon with a significant upgrade, assuming they don't believe that's Poreda in 2009, then there's just not really any way to compete with the depth of the Tigers' starting rotation.

Not to mention they have a better offense and a decent bullpen this year, too.

Even if CQ was out the entire season, there would be no reason to trade for Juan Pierre.

We need someone like Dunn (gasp!) to pick up the offensive slack, not another punch-and-judy hitter well past his prime.

oh, I'm not saying there's a reason or it would make any sense, but he's "grindy" and "fast"

It's one thing to lose, but it's another thing to look like dog s*** out there and just go through the motions. I don't think anyone cares about getting beat, it's beating ourselves every single f***ing game that frustrates me. Terrible execution, physical and mental errors, horrible managerial moves, and just going through the god damn motions. Blow this s*** up.

You think Atlanta would give anything worth while for Dye? He'd immediately make that lineup deadly.

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 04:07 PM)

and who's to say we even have 1 decent Major Leaguer in our Farm System? We won a WS without a farm system, we re-built another division winner without a farm system. Why is trading the farm such a bad thing if you can contend in a s*** division? Have we honestly lost anyone that will be a All-Star from a farm trade when we trades the pieces in 2005 through now? Everyone cried about Chris Young. He Blows. Everyone cried about Gio. BLOWS. Who is to say Poreda, Beckham, DanksII won't be much of the same. This board falls way too much in love with prospects. They don't win games today, and they don't win games tomorrow, but I guess they are cool to brag about on messageboards.

whoa, a lot of rambling there. I'd imagine there will be a lot of fights at Sox/Cubs this year, as we both suck and will struggle to find fodder to hate with against fan foes.

Some of you guys need to relax and just realize that nothing will change. Once you accept that, it's a lot easier....

CQ just isn't healthy this year. You may get Wise DFA'd when he comes off the DL, but once he goes back on it, and he will, it'll be Lillibridge coming back up.

The Sox aren't healthy and dont have the other pieces to fill in for the wounded. You can't blame Greg Walker for that, so he ain't going anywhere....

I posted this in the gamethread, but I probably should have posted it in here:

I got no idea what Ozzie was thinking in the 8th inning.

First, you bunt with Getz? A 100 mph fastball is probably the toughest pitch to bunt effectively. And you bunt with Pierzynski on 1st? WTF? With Zumaya pitching, even if Getz does get the bunt down, it's gonna basically be a hard grounder because of the velocity of the fastball. STUPID!!!!!

Then, you leave Fields in to face Zumaya? Fields can't hit a 90 mph fastball, let alone a 100 mph fastball. That last swing by him was pathetic. I'm pretty sure the ball was already in the catchers glove by the time Fields swung. Why not bat Nix or Beckham there? Even if they strikeout, they provide a pretty big defensive upgrade at 3B. And guess what, Josh Fields playing 3B in the 9th cost us the deciding run.

f***ING AWFUL. Ozzie needs to go. Usually, I never had much of a problem with Ozzie, but he's lost his f***ing mind. He's not even the same guy from 05. Seeing him in the dugout, he's got the same mood as the players. It doesn't even look like he wants to be.

QUOTE (watchtower41 @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 04:13 PM)
and who's to say we even have 1 decent Major Leaguer in our Farm System? We won a WS without a farm system, we re-built another division winner without a farm system. Why is trading the farm such a bad thing if you can contend in a s*** division? Have we honestly lost anyone that will be a All-Star from a farm trade when we trades the pieces in 2005 through now? Everyone cried about Chris Young. He Blows. Everyone cried about Gio. BLOWS. Who is to say Poreda, Beckham, DanksII won't be much of the same. This board falls way too much in love with prospects. They don't win games today, and they don't win games tomorrow, but I guess they are cool to brag about on messageboards.

whoa, a lot of rambling there. I'd imagine there will be a lot of fights at Sox/Cubs this year, as we both suck and will struggle to find fodder to hate with against fan foes.

Because that type of approach doesn't lead to any type of long-term consistency.

The only way to build a winner along the lines of the Braves is with starting pitching. We have the pieces, seemingly, and Richard has looked pretty darned good, but we're not close to competing with that Tigers' rotation.

They have three possible aces in Verlander/Jackson/Porcello...you might even put a healthy Bonderman in that conversation, not to mention Dontrelle Willis, who has so much more ability than a Colon or Contreras. Galarraga is VERY solid too, when he's on.

The problem is that we probably have too many holes for Peavy to make a significant difference because the offense is just lifeless without Quentin and relying almost 100% on the middle of the order veterans for production. If we trade away that future pitching in Poreda/Richard, then we still come up short...the team's at .500 or around that mark, attendance and season tickets sag and we end up not adding the pieces from the FA market but instead waiting for all the Barons players to make it up to Chicago and have an impact.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 04:21 PM)
I posted this in the gamethread, but I probably should have posted it in here:

I got no idea what Ozzie was thinking in the 8th inning.

First, you bunt with Getz? A 100 mph fastball is probably the toughest pitch to bunt effectively. And you bunt with Pierzynski on 1st? WTF? With Zumaya pitching, even if Getz does get the bunt down, it's gonna basically be a hard grounder because of the velocity of the fastball. STUPID!!!!!

Then, you leave Fields in to face Zumaya? Fields can't hit a 90 mph fastball, let alone a 100 mph fastball. That last swing by him was pathetic. I'm pretty sure the ball was already in the catchers glove by the time Fields swung. Why not bat Nix or Beckham there? Even if they strikeout, they provide a pretty big defensive upgrade at 3B. And guess what, Josh Fields playing 3B in the 9th cost us the deciding run.

f***ING AWFUL. Ozzie needs to go. Usually, I never had much of a problem with Ozzie, but he's lost his f***ing mind. He's not even the same guy from 05. Seeing him in the dugout, he's got the same mood as the players. It doesn't even look like he wants to be.

It's not a horrible move if AJ wasn't on 1st base (PR with Nix/Anderson/Beckham, then put in Castro). Of course, AJ WAS on first base, lol.

LH batters usually have a much easier time getting down a bunt against a hard-throwing righty, and Zumaya has almost zero movement on his fastball....now bunting Jenks when he's on and throwing 96-99, that's much tougher because of his movement.

QUOTE (tommy @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 04:22 PM)
from Cowley

I think Ozzie needs a meeting with the media where he gives up his position as manager.

Unfortunately, if that happens, we'll have to have Joey Cora as manger, and that's probably just as bad.

As for KW, I'll give him a little more slack. He's made some real bad moves, but he's also made some real good moves.

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 04:06 PM)
Honestly, I'd rather have Lillibridge. At least the guy could take a walk and provided a late inning PR who could steal a base.

Let's don't get carried away :unsure: Although it would be close I think Lillibridge might actually be worse than Wise.

That being said, we do need to take a blowtorch to this team. We stink.