Sigh

Nokona

Carrying over from another thread, Fields thinks having Beckham around is awkward:

‘‘Right now it’s kind of sit and see how it plays out,’’ Fields said. ‘‘I’ve been getting in there and playing some third, I played the DH the other day, so it’s not like I’ve sat a whole bunch of games, Ozzie is still playing me. But it’s kind of an awkward situation for everyone. Not only myself, but teammates as well. You don’t want that to happen.

‘‘I think something will happen pretty soon, whether it’s something like them getting rid of me or something like that for someone else that can possibly help the team. You never know. I don’t think it will stay awkward for too much longer. They’ve won too long and know how to win, and they’ll figure something out.’’

Cowley

I understand how he feels. It sucks for him as a person.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (G&T @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 06:10 PM)
Carrying over from another thread, Fields thinks having Beckham around is awkward:

Cowley

Boo Hoo. Field a routine grounder consistently.

QUOTE (G&T @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 06:10 PM)

Cowley

Sounds like he fully expects to be traded. Refering to the team as "them" and "they" not "us" and "we". Oh well, he had his chances, and he bombed hard.

QUOTE (103 mph screwball @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 08:51 PM)
Too early to give up. This team could win the next 15 out of 20. There may need to be a few shake ups to somehow hit the reset button on this team. I'm still in despite the recent poor play.

You are dreaming. It would be one thing if the guys who know how to hit were just cold. The problem is that the Sox are loaded with players who can't hit, and may never hit. Wise, Getz, Anderson, Fields, etc. When only three guys on the team are hitting above league average at their positions, you aren't going to see much more offense unless Kenny trades for some proven hitters.

QUOTE (VAfan @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 08:00 PM)
You are dreaming. It would be one thing if the guys who know how to hit were just cold. The problem is that the Sox are loaded with players who can't hit, and may never hit. Wise, Getz, Anderson, Fields, etc. When only three guys on the team are hitting above league average at their positions, you aren't going to see much more offense unless Kenny trades for some proven hitters.

You just named 2 reserve players and at least one guy who is being replaced as examples of why the team has been slipping a little. There is so much time left in this season its not even funny.