GameThread: White Sox(26-31) vs Tigers(31-25)GAME 2 7:11 WCIU

Kyyle23

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So surprising to see us actually take advantage of a power who has nothing. If Bonderman pitched the same he had tonight, but was a rookie making his first appearance against the white sox, we would be stifled right now.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 09:33 PM)
So, is Beckham like Anderson and Nix where they're only in the majors for their defense?

Beckham has a ton of errors in the minors. So I hope not.

Perhaps when Beckham forces himself to take more pitches, even if they look hittable, just so he can start getting used to pitchers release points that he hasn't faced before, or he might just need more looks at these guys, he'll start hitting the ball like we know he can

he doesn't look good though, but he needs to still play every single day if he's up here, sitting on the bench is the wrong way to groom him

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 08:32 PM)
It's going to take Beckham FOREVER to figure it out if he doesn't start seeing some f***ing pitches.

Beckham needs to do a better job on working the count. He seems like he is trying too hard and coming up emtpy. He needs to relax at the plate.

Well, if Ventura can survive it (0 for 41, Gordon only has 29 more to go), I think Beckham can too...although I would be genuinely surprised if Beckham ended up having a better career in Chicago than Robin.

So I guess the next question is what happens with Jose and Bartolo?

Do we move Colon to the bullpen? Seems pretty logical...KW can shop him to an NL team, but not sure if he could get much of anything back in return.

Probably like one of the many Sandy Alomar trades, a fringe pitcher ala Emenencio Pacheco.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (That funky motion @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 07:46 PM)
I was watching game 5 vs the Halos, on MLB the other day. I forgot how good the count was and was just glued to the TV.

Maybe getting sent down woke him up.

Well, I thought the situation was that he went to Ozzie and asked to start in AAA to work on his control and conditioning (not to mention his forkball) rather than going to the bullpen in Chicago.

There were always concerns from Ozzie and KW whether he could ever be effectively pitching out of the bullpen, although he did do it for a few games a couple of seasons ago, then went back into the rotation again for the remainder of the season.

Wow, the Tigers are 1 for 21 today. Pretty good time for Jose to break out a decent game. Managed to lower his ERA to 6.69 in one game.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (That funky motion @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 08:46 PM)
I was watching game 5 vs the Halos, on MLB the other day. I forgot how good the count was and was just glued to the TV.

Maybe getting sent down woke him up.

Or maybe the guy is such a f***ing gamer he hurried back from what many of us thought was a career ending injury so he could play for this team again which led to a small mechanical flaw and a lack of feel pitches.

Or maybe he just doesnt have balls like alot of the people on here say about Floyd....at least when he is losing.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 07:51 PM)
Or maybe the guy is such a f***ing gamer he hurried back from what many of us thought was a career ending injury so he could play for this team again which led to a small mechanical flaw and a lack of feel pitches.

Or maybe he just doesnt have balls like alot of the people on here say about Floyd....at least when he is losing.

No, he just gets a little bit afraid of contact and starts nibbling...but I wouldn't say it's a lack of balls.

Like most pitchers, it's 90% confidence in his stuff. He needed to prove to himself that he could go out and win a key game and be a "stopper" again.

He's just not as good since 2007 at battling like John usually does without his best stuff, and Mark almost always does...keeping the club in the game the 60-70% of the time he's not feeling great out there.

Ramirez at his high water mark, .261 and 662 OPS now.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 08:55 PM)
No, he just gets a little bit afraid of contact and starts nibbling...but I wouldn't say it's a lack of balls.

Like most pitchers, it's 90% confidence in his stuff. He needed to prove to himself that he could go out and win a key game and be a "stopper" again.

Completely false. You are saying his lack of feel for his pitches was mental and not the huge layoff from rehabbing a career threatening injury? Seriously, sometimes I wonder where people get this stuff. I especially like the use of a statistic there pointing at something you have looked at subjectively.