Ozzie blasts team after game

Wanne

Sox suck, plain and simple.

I think this thing is close to getting blown up, unless KW waits til the postseason, which might be a more wise decision.

The team is horses*** in so many ways that have been discussed in other threads.

Biggest thing is too many guys who don't belong in the bigs, but lots of guys deserve blame including KW and Oz.

Good thing we won the WS when we did. It might be a while afore we're back.

The thing is, tonight could be a real disaster with the Tigers teeing off on poor Jose.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 05:46 PM)
It's a rebuilding year and that's ok. I'm at the point where I want to see Beckham at short everyday with Ramirez at second and Fields at third.

uhhhhhhhhhh...NO!!! I really don't ever want to see Josh Fields in the lineup ever again.

It's a rebuilding year and that's ok. I'm at the point where I want to see Beckham at short everyday with Ramirez at second and Fields at third.

I'd rather see you at third. I'm so disappointed in Josh I can't even describe it. I loved the pick in 2004. You saw legitimate flashes in 2007. There hasn't been a worse all-around 3B in all of baseball.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 06:04 PM)
I'd rather see you at third. I'm so disappointed in Josh I can't even describe it. I loved the pick in 2004. You saw legitimate flashes in 2007. There hasn't been a worse all-around 3B in all of baseball.

maybe KW can coax Greg Nettles out of retirement....I loved his game as a kid.... :lolhitting

WHERE DOES BRIAN PLAY THOUGH?

Oh, nowhere. Get him as far from this team as POSSIBLE. Well, he can be a DRep

pick one position for beckham and keep him there.

I would really hate to see the white sox ruin Beckham. He's already been rushed to the big leagues. That's a tough adjustment. But asking as kid to adjust to the big-league life and big-league pitching while making him play more positions than Cesar Tovar is simply stupid.

Ozzie trys to marginalize Beckham again. "''You guys [the media] do a pretty good PR department for Beckham,'' Guillen said. ''I've been in Chicago for 17 years, playing and coaching. Has anybody been 0-for-whatever he is, he hasn't got booed yet? He hit a ground ball to second base and got a standing ovation from the fans [the other day]. Somebody hit a ground ball right at him, and he got another standing ovation. Good job, guys. Keep it up. I hope he sells a lot of shirts, but I need production.''

I'm starting to feel very uncomfortable with Ozzie managing the next generation of White Sox players.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/wh...soxnt10.article

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 11:58 PM)
Ozzie trys to marginalize Beckham again. "''You guys [the media] do a pretty good PR department for Beckham,'' Guillen said. ''I've been in Chicago for 17 years, playing and coaching. Has anybody been 0-for-whatever he is, he hasn't got booed yet? He hit a ground ball to second base and got a standing ovation from the fans [the other day]. Somebody hit a ground ball right at him, and he got another standing ovation. Good job, guys. Keep it up. I hope he sells a lot of shirts, but I need production.''

I'm starting to feel very uncomfortable with Ozzie managing the next generation of White Sox players.

Ozzie meet Robin Ventura, your old teammate. He turned out fine. Take the advice you gave us about Wise's ABs.

yeah, it's unecessary. Hopefully JR talks to him about it because I don't think KW would work.

I'll make a wild prediction that Ozzie "retires" after this season

Yes, its called the future of our franchise.

One day when he is announced into the hall of fame, he will say my first manager, hit me behind Dewayne Wise and Chris Getz.

Ozzie better not put this kid on the bench, we cannot ruin this player.

If Ozzie continues to go out of his way to publically disparage guys like Beckham and Poreda, guys who are of critical importance to this franchises' future, I think that KW seriously needs to consider a change of the managerial position. This is no longer about the 2005 team, that window is rapidly closing, we have a new core that needs to integrate pretty rapidly to ensure sustained success and Ozzie is doing everything possible to make this transition as difficult as possible.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 12:09 AM)
If Ozzie continues to go out of his way to publically disparage guys like Beckham and Poreda, guys who are of critical importance to this franchises' future, I think that KW seriously needs to consider a change of the managerial position. This is no longer about the 2005 team, that window is rapidly closing, we have a new core that needs to integrate pretty rapidly to ensure sustained success and Ozzie is doing everything possible to make this transition as difficult as possible.

Remember who goes first, the coach.

THe fans embrace Beckham, deal with it

He's Dusty Baker except way better with handling pitchers. But I gotta say for years his handling with young players was already in question, but this year it's really been obvious. He's more of a veterans manager.