Josh Fields questions future with White Sox

chisox2334

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone even think Fields had a chance to make contact in the final AB?

I thought it might be wise to take him out and put someone in who might have a chance to hit Verlander, but after thinking about, letting Fields look completely overmatched will let him know why he was benched.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 03:35 AM)
Did anyone even think Fields had a chance to make contact in the final AB?

I thought it might be wise to take him out and put someone in who might have a chance to hit Verlander, but after thinking about, letting Fields look completely overmatched will let him know why he was benched.

I thought he had a chance to walk until Verlander accidentally threw a fastball over the plate and realized Fields had no shot. But Ozzie seems to trying to be consistent in letting the young guys succeed or fail without getting subbed. At the beginning of the season he probably puts someone else in there, but he's letting it play out now.

QUOTE (G&T @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 04:41 AM)
I thought he had a chance to walk until Verlander accidentally threw a fastball over the plate and realized Fields had no shot. But Ozzie seems to trying to be consistent in letting the young guys succeed or fail without getting subbed. At the beginning of the season he probably puts someone else in there, but he's letting it play out now.

Eh, I'll bet Ozzie would have PH for him had he had any other option. Wise and Nix were the available bench.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 08:07 PM)
At least Josh didn't swing and miss too many times today. 3 walks ain't bad. Although the last one looked was kind of iffy and he almost struck out there. Got bailed out by two umpires.

I don't get why pitchers with any velocity at all don't throw anything but fastballs to Fields. For some reason all of them decided to get cute with Fields and try and paint the corners, etc. Until he proves he can hit a mid 90's fastball, there's no reason why a pitcher shouldn't throw that over and over.

I liked that he at least choked up on the bat after he realized that the Zumaya fastball was already in the catchers glove by the time he swung.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 08:06 PM)
cry me a river.

How do you figure he's crying here? To me, it sounds like he had the meeting he was looking for, he didn't hear what he wanted to hear, but has decided he's going to take it like a man. Would you rather he say he's happy to be sitting on the bench? I wouldn't.

How do you figure he's crying here? To me, it sounds like he had the meeting he was looking for, he didn't hear what he wanted to hear, but has decided he's going to take it like a man. Would you rather he say he's happy to be sitting on the bench? I wouldn't.
If it was an internet message board, Josh is saying he doesn't want to have an opinion that is not in agreement with the Admin (KW) because he might get banned. Like WSI.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 10:05 PM)
4th. Gillepsie for the Giants last year. Schlereth and Perry this year.

Beat you to it by almost 24 hours :)

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 02:36 AM)
Beckham's actually the 4th to hit the big leagues... I believe Connor Gillespie (South Carolina?) had a cup of coffee with the Giants last year, not really sure why, they must have really needed a 3B.
Edited by BearSox