AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 03:27 AM)
On tigertalk.com they are b****ing about the Tigers offense calling for the head of their hitting coach and referring to Jose as Cy Contreras.

That was a very heartless performance by the Tigers. I also bet their fans are fuming about Ordonez and Cabrera cracking up in the dugout after Bonderman was pulled and sitting next to them.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 09:27 PM)
It all is fresh again. 3 more games. Its going to be big for this series. Beckham looked much better that last AB and I think Getz is getting closer.

Remain hopeless until you can no longer be without hope. That's how I'm approaching this. This team has a habit of getting your hopes up and then stabbing your heart and then getting your hopes up again.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 09:28 PM)
That was a very heartless performance by the Tigers. I also bet their fans are fuming about Ordonez and Cabrera cracking up in the dugout after Bonderman was pulled and sitting next to them.

Wow, that is bad. Not the time nor the place.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 07:28 PM)

Jose was flat out awesome though. He had pop to the fastball and more importantly his delivery was very smooth and hitters had a hell of a time deciphering between a FB and a splitter and if thats the case well game over.

I always love when we win. It's amazing when you feel a sense of relief in winning a home game, though, and I felt more relieved than elated.

This is one of those wins where the team looks like it has the right formula. Like we should win all the time.

These games have been few and far between in the Cell.

JUST WIN BABY

Edited by greg775

Just got back from the game.

The only AB that Beckham looked bad in was the popup, outside of that he put together good ABs and had solid contact. He looked solid in the field as well. The last AB he tried going to right, put solid contact on that ball and it went foul. Then went back up the middle and just got caught. The hits will come for this kid. Contreras looked great. Good velocity good movement.

Cool, Southside. I hope Beckham does go with the pitch. If he does, he'll do something very few guys on our team do, at least the games I see on TV.

Seriously, you guys who see a lot of games ... who on our team goes with the pitch and flares hits to the opposite field?

I dont know if the TV broadcast said anything about it yesterday but it was one of the most bizarre moments a i ever witnessed at a baseball game. About 7 seats to my left directly behind the Tigers dugout there was a pop up by Alexei hit out of play and a kid reached up with his mitt and missed it. It hit off off his mitt directly into this older mans eyeball. He turned holding his hand to his eye and it started gushing blood out of his eye! He was bleeding all over his wife and people were screaming. f***ing weird.