Silverio is Raking

Chisoxfn

I assume if he rakes we'd see him go to short season, but he could just stay there as well. It wouldn't shock me either way as the young dominican guys can get brought up really slowly and he is still incredibly young, even if his age is wrong by a year or so.

Oh and it is in just 6 games (3 hr's, 11 RBI's).

Good to see him producing even if it's only the DSL. Hopefully he'll go to Great Falls in a few weeks and get some PT there b/c if they hold him out of rookie ball after being in it last year, that's not a good sign. I just hope he's not like 2 years older than we think.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 10:11 PM)
I assume if he rakes we'd see him go to short season, but he could just stay there as well. It wouldn't shock me either way as the young dominican guys can get brought up really slowly and he is still incredibly young, even if his age is wrong by a year or so.

Oh and it is in just 6 games (3 hr's, 11 RBI's).

That kid looked every bit of 14.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 03:58 PM)
After 10 games the DSL Sox are 10-0. Silverio with 4 HR and 16 RBI. Also at this point in his career he's an error machine at SS.

Damn, that's impressive for any league. We must either have some really good talent there or guys too old to be playing in that league. Hopefully the former.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 04:33 PM)
Damn, that's impressive for any league. We must either have some really good talent there or guys too old to be playing in that league. Hopefully the former.

In Silverio's case he just turned 18 . Didn't have a particularly impressive season at Bristol especially with the glove. But he's very young with tons of upside.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 06:46 PM)
In Silverio's case he just turned 18 . Didn't have a particularly impressive season at Bristol especially with the glove. But he's very young with tons of upside.

Isn't he it the one they found out is three years older?

• 3 weeks later...

He's still raking:

.339/.387/.688 6 HR 33 RBI 5 2B 8 3B

Think it's about time to move him back to Bristol?

I'm sure his D is still raw, but good to see him mashing....

QUOTE (Cali @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 02:16 PM)
He's still raking:

.339/.387/.688 6 HR 33 RBI 5 2B 8 3B

Think it's about time to move him back to Bristol?

I'm sure his D is still raw, but good to see him mashing....

He has 8 errors so far which would put him on pace for approximately 50 in a 162 game season. Maybe a move to 3B or a corner OF spot is in his near future.

It seems every young prospect I have read about lately has a ton of upside but is lacking in defensive fundamentals. I am trying to recall the last homegrown infielder who made it all the way through A/AA/AAA ball and to the bis without changing their position.

It's pretty common for a young player to make a ton of errors at such a young age. I am not worried about that, he will learn the position and become much better better. But, yeah, it's about time to get him back to Bristol and see if he can hit in American ball/

• 2 weeks later...

I know it's only the DSL, but 21 of his 50 hits have been of the extra-base variety (7 HR, 8 trp, 6 doubles). .327 BA, .608 SLG. Unfortunately, he's also got 12 errors, but at least he's not taking his glove to the plate.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jul 17, 2009 -> 12:16 AM)
Disappointing that not only is he not advancing from a year ago, but he is down a level from a year ago.

I think that it was pretty evident that he was in over his head in Bristol last season, maybe he'll get to move back up at some point this season though.