0 for his last 19

jasonxctf

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 04:17 AM)
Posted this in other thread, but CQ isn't going to be back on Wednesday.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/chi-0...0,5772928.story

Thanks for the update. I expereinced plantiar faciatis (PF) about 6 years ago and it is a painful injury. I wasn't careful with my exercise regimen and ended up with PF in both feet and it took a year for the pain to go away. I still experience discomfort in my right foot from time to time

BA doesn't suck. He has hitg the ball hard and played good D. No hits is a run that all players go through from time to time

BA may not suck, but he's a below average offensive player. Above average defensive player. Whether he improves offensively, who knows? I'm not crazy about what I've seen. Maybe all it will take is to trade him. Swisher who was a piece of utter s*** as a Sox, is having a decent year I've been told.

Is Beckham ever going to get a hit? Not flaming, just amazed he's still oh-fer.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 11:22 PM)
Be nice if BA got some consistant playing time....

Hey, remember that time when BA was hitting really well, and then Wise came back and we forced BA into a platoon that he had no business being in? Yeah, those were good times.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 08:28 PM)
Hey, remember that time when BA was hitting really well, and then Wise came back and we forced BA into a platoon that he had no business being in? Yeah, those were good times.

Nobody, no where, no how could possibly have predicted that returning Anderson to the platoon role would coincide with him suddenly starting to suck again. I guarantee I never said it.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 10:22 PM)

Can we please stop with this tired ass excuse? Brian Anderson is a terrible f***ing hitter. That's the end of it. He's turned out to be a bust of a first round draft pick. One of many we've had this decade. Time to except that reality and stop blaming Ozzie. "OH MY GOD! IF BRIAN JUST GOT MORE AT BATS HE'D BE SO MUCH BETTER!" There's a reason you've got 4th outfielders and utility infielders. That's because those guys aren't good enough to play everyday. Which is fine. Problem is there isn't one aspect of offense that Brian is good at. He can't hit LH pitching. He can't hit breaking balls. He's got a career BB/KK ratio of 55/184. So there goes pitch recognition and plate discipline. He's got decent speed. But you can't put that to use when you're never on base. His only value to this team is as a backup OF/pinch runner. And don't give me the "change of scenery crap." How's that worked for Felix Pie? You either have the talent or you don't. And Brian doesn't have it.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 10:28 PM)

When was he hitting "really well?" A single every now and then? Maybe one multi-hit game a week? He's got a whopping 5 extra basehits this year. D-Wise is not the reason that Brian isn't, and never has been, a legitimate everyday major leaguer.

Edited by Jordan4life

Jordan4Life is right. The guy is an official offensive bust. Time to let him play for some other team and see if he can salvage his career.

Or we play him every day the next 12 years and let him be our Ken Berry: All D; no O.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 01:10 AM)
Can we please stop with this tired ass excuse? Brian Anderson is a terrible f***ing hitter. That's the end of it. He's turned out to be a bust of a first round draft pick. One of many we've had this decade. Time to except that reality and stop blaming Ozzie. "OH MY GOD! IF BRIAN JUST GOT MORE AT BATS HE'D BE SO MUCH BETTER!" There's a reason you've got 4th outfielders and utility infielders. That's because those guys aren't good enough to play everyday. Which is fine. Problem is there isn't one aspect of offense that Brian is good at. He can't hit LH pitching. He can't hit breaking balls. He's got a career BB/KK ratio of 55/184. So there goes pitch recognition and plate discipline. He's got decent speed. But you can't put that to use when you're never on base. His only value to this team is as a backup OF/pinch runner. And don't give me the "change of scenery crap." How's that worked for Felix Pie? You either have the talent or you don't. And Brian doesn't have it.

Wow...you sure told us. I guess you know what it's like to never know when you're gonna get consistant at bats. So you're ok with trotting Wise out there?!? Oh wait...you want to magically acquire Torri Hunter or somebody? BA's the best option out there....THAT'S what people are saying if you could get off your soap box long enough to see it. What's your solution there Kenny Jr.?!?...you seem to have a ton of answers.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 01:50 AM)
Wow...you sure told us. I guess you know what it's like to never know when you're gonna get consistant at bats. So you're ok with trotting Wise out there?!? Oh wait...you want to magically acquire Torri Hunter or somebody? BA's the best option out there....THAT'S what people are saying if you could get off your soap box long enough to see it. What's your solution there Kenny Jr.?!?...you seem to have a ton of answers.

Yeah, I just love to slurp me some Dweezy. THEY BOTH SUCK! At least as every day players. When Wise sucks, he just sucks. When Anderson sucks, it's always some lame excuse or Ozzie is the devil crap. That was cute in 2006. And I was one that vehemently defended Brian that year. It's 2009 now. He is what he is. My solution? It sure as hell isn't giving a guy with a career line of .224/.284/.369/.653, who's 0 for his last 19, the every day job. And I'm glad Ozzie doesn't feel obliged to do that. We have the worst CF situation in baseball. Our only bet is that CQ gets back (and actually stays healthy for the remainder of the season) and we move Pods to CF.

Swisher who was a piece of utter s*** as a Sox, is having a decent year I've been told.

Nick Swisher went 2-for-3 with a home run and two RBI in a win over the Rays on Monday night.

He had a tremendous month of April before cooling off substantially in May, but his bat seems to be heating up again here in June, where he's gone 9-for-18 with two homers and six RBI through his first seven games. Swisher's average for the season is only .257, but he's got 12 homers, 35 RBI, a .395 on-base percentage and a .549 slugging percentage. Pretty decent numbers for a No. 8 hitter.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 10:22 PM)

Yeah lets coddle this guy for the next 15 years in hopes that he can hit slightly above .240 for his career. GMAFB. It's not like he just came up for the first time a month ago. Play well when you have your chance.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 01:10 AM)

He was actually hitting in the .260-.280 range when he was actually getting everyday playing time. Unless you just want to ignore that.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 07:26 AM)
He was actually hitting in the .260-.280 range when he was actually getting everyday playing time. Unless you just want to ignore that.

He had plenty of playing time for an entire season in 2006.