0 for his last 19

jasonxctf

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 02:15 AM)
Yeah, I just love to slurp me some Dweezy. THEY BOTH SUCK! At least as every day players. When Wise sucks, he just sucks. When Anderson sucks, it's always some lame excuse or Ozzie is the devil crap. That was cute in 2006. And I was one that vehemently defended Brian that year. It's 2009 now. He is what he is. My solution? It sure as hell isn't giving a guy with a career line of .224/.284/.369/.653, who's 0 for his last 19, the every day job. And I'm glad Ozzie doesn't feel obliged to do that. We have the worst CF situation in baseball. Our only bet is that CQ gets back (and actually stays healthy for the remainder of the season) and we move Pods to CF.

Agreed, I'm sick of the Brian Anderson s*** around here, too.

The Gerber Baby may be a great defensive player, but he's not a major league hitter, he never will be, at least on this team.

Funny that Pods didn't need "consistent playing time" to find his swing this season -- he had a shortened spring, was sitting at home, called to the Sox AAA team, then called up to the majors, played a few games and suddenly started hitting like it was 2005 again...why is it when The Gerber Baby gets a few games to play in a row (and he has) he goes 0 for 3000. :P STFU about Anderson already.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 07:32 AM)
Sorry, but your boyfriend sucks at hitting. :P

so does Dewayne Wise, and Scott Podsednik couldn't field a basketball if it was hit to him. Anderson deserves more playing time than he's gotten since Wise has been called back up. Wise isn't good enough for me to classify him as a AAAA hitter.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 07:33 AM)
so does Dewayne Wise, and Scott Podsednik couldn't field a basketball if it was hit to him. Anderson deserves more playing time than he's gotten since Wise has been called back up. Wise isn't good enough for me to classify him as a AAAA hitter.

Dewayne Wise sucks more than Anderson -- but Pods > Anderson.

The only good thing Anderson ever did on this team was jump up and down with Aaron Rowand and yell "no way" when Pods, the player you are trying to diss here, won us game two of the world series.

And Pods is batting > 300 this year after sitting at home for a few weeks in spring -- all the while Anderson was getting into game shape.

Stop with the excuses already. This gushing man love you guys have for Anderson is retarded. Is it his hair or something?! Does he have pictures of you doing something illegal?! Seriously. We get it, Anderson can field...so what. It's not like our outfield is that big anyway.

Pods probably has more outfield assists this year than Anderson does, BTW. :P

Edited by Y2HH

Apparently BA would be the next Iron Man and beat Ripken's consecutive games streak. If we could only let him play everyday 'cause god forbid he got a game off or two. That would just mess him up completely. He needs to play every single day in order to be effective otherwise he melts like the wicked witch of the west.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 07:37 AM)
Apparently BA would be the next Iron Man and beat Ripken's consecutive games streak. If we could only let him play everyday 'cause god forbid he got a game off or two. That would just mess him up completely. He needs to play every single day in order to be effective otherwise he melts like the wicked witch of the west.

Anderson would be a better hitter than Barry Bonds if he played 162 games a year, tho.

Oh, and I really love Anderson slugging .101 LOWER than Pods.

HAHAHAHA LOWER SLG THAN PODS.

Stick that defense up your asses, please. Id sooner have Pods weak D and stick/speed than Andersons D, especially considering we don't play in the most cavernous CF park out there half the season.

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 07:26 AM)
He was actually hitting in the .260-.280 range when he was actually getting everyday playing time. Unless you just want to ignore that.

Actually I think he got up to .300. But let's not let a factoid like that get in the way of douche nozzles taking over the hate for BA (who clearly is the best option out there).

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 11:52 AM)
Actually I think he got up to .300. But let's not let a factoid like that get in the way of douche nozzles taking over the hate for BA (who clearly is the best option out there).

Resorting to name calling. How mature. Are you Brian Anderson's sister?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 10:54 AM)
Resorting to name calling. How mature. Are you Brian Anderson's sister?

No...actually I'm his Uncle Wanne. :D Seriously though...didn't mean to offend. But the reality is it won't even matter when Q comes back because Pods will float out to center and Weezy will be gone and BA with be the 4th OF again. I think the argument is BA proved he could put up decent number with consistent ABs. Coming off the bench to hit here and there...he does leave a lot to be desired. And 2006 is a ridiculous analogy IMO. Not even in the same ballpark.

I wonder if Anderson would get this kind of love if Wise is where he should be, out of baseball.

BA is a good to great fielder; bad to worst hitter.

Trade him, let him give it a shot in a new venue.