Aaron Poreda called up

Jimbo's Drinker

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 04:00 AM)
Maybe Colon goes bye bye, Richard to Bullpen, and Poreda to start on Friday?

I just hope there is not an injury that has not been released yet!

I'd be surprised if the Sox gave up on Colon so soon. Richard too for that matter. Maybe the Sox have had enough of Jimmy Gobble.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 11:00 AM)
They know that they're spinning their wheels this year.

Why not call up the youngsters.

The sox are right in between being buyers or sellers. They now need to see what some of their young players look like in the bigs, to see who to build around. Poreda could be someone to build around.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 07:39 AM)
I think its for Gobble, unless they were just so disgusted by Colon's last outing they dump him. Poreda isn't going to start IMO, and Thornton is starting to make a lot of appearances. I think he becomes Matt Thornton Jr.

I doubt it. I guess we'll find out here pretty soon.

This makes much more sense than calling up Beckham did.

Us bringing up starters and putting them in the pen is getting kind of old. I'd rather keep him stretched out in the minors since he probably won't get a start anytime soon.

If Colon goes, Count will start again. I don't really think Richard deserves to go back to the pen either.

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 03:28 AM)
"Aaron Poreda This is the biggest day of my life... I'm goin to Chicago, the big leagues, and I ain't never goin back!!!!!"

For Whom, what exactly is going on?

The Score is reporting this now, no doubt getting the info from your fine work. You should ask them for a stipend. I will not ask what you were doing on Poreda's Facebook page at 3 in the morning.

Edited by Dick Allen

The Score is reporting this now, no doubt getting the info from your fine work. You should ask them for a stipend. I will not ask what you were doing on Poreda's Facebook page at 3 in the morning.

Probably got a status alert. Something that isn't "OMFG SOOOO DRUNK" at 3 AM on Facebook kinda stands out.

QUOTE (Sox1422 @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 07:13 AM)
Good. Now bring up Danks and Viciedo for Wise and Fields.

No and HELL NO! I'm all for an infusion of youth. But you don't call up that youth just for kicks. Both Danks and Viciedo have a ways to go before they should even sniff Chicago. I still don't think Beckham should've been called up. And we see how splendidly that's going right now.

It's right there in the news feed, at 3 am it moves slow and sits up there for a few hours. 3 pm it won't be there for more than 5-10 mins (if you have a s***-ton of friends from being on there too much like I do).

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 01:24 PM)
No and HELL NO! I'm all for an infusion of youth. But you don't call up that youth just for kicks. Both Danks and Viciedo have a ways to go before they should even sniff Chicago. I still don't think Beckham should've been called up. And we see how splendidly that's going right now.

It's not just for kicks. It's because they are both better than the guys I want them to come up for. The MLB White Sox would be a better team minus Wise and Fields plus Danks and Viciedo.

Kinda strange. I assume he is going to be a LOOGY for now. Thornton has essentially become the set up man, or at least, more than a LOOGY. Poreda doesn't come off as a long man with his stuff, and this staff doesn't really need one so he wouldn't get enough work.

QUOTE (Sox1422 @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 07:29 AM)
It's not just for kicks. It's because they are both better than the guys I want them to come up for. The MLB White Sox would be a better team minus Wise and Fields plus Danks and Viciedo.

Viciedo is hitting like .240. Settle down.

And I think 80% of this board knows that the team is better with Wise out of the starting lineup and preferably off the MLB team. You don't have to call up Danks to get rid of Wise.

QUOTE (Sox1422 @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 07:29 AM)

Doesn't Viciedo have like 12 errors already? As bad as Josh is at 3B, that is hardly better.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 01:35 PM)
Viciedo is hitting like .240. Settle down.

And I think 80% of this board knows that the team is better with Wise out of the starting lineup and preferably off the MLB team. You don't have to call up Danks to get rid of Wise.

Viciedo is hitting .286 now and is on fire. Danks is the hottest hitter in the organization. It's not like Danks is a spring chicken. Dude turns 23 in August.

But if you guys enjoy watching a bunch of hacks play when there is serious talent waiting in the wings, it's your perogative.

Edited by Sox1422

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 01:47 PM)
Wasn't expecting this. I don't even know who got sent down when Contreras came up. I guess perhaps Whisler and Gobble are the ones going down for these two. Anyone know?

Whisler got sent down for Contreras. the Poreda call up hasn't been officially announced.