GameThread: White Sox(27-31) vs Tigers(31-26) 7:11 CSN+

Kyyle23

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 08:41 PM)
why is Dontrelle Willis such a spas? I can only imagine if he put half the effort into pitching as he does being a spas....

If we get after these guys for showing enthusiasm, then we cant have the opposite concern (that almost all of us do)...that they play passionless and solely for the money.

Here's a guy showing he actually enjoys the game - i wish more were like that.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 08:41 PM)
Absolutely dreadful by AJP tonight. If you're not going to play Castro against Willis, why even have him on the team?

I agree......you wonder if Ozzie is afraid to handle A.J. if he explodes about playing time. I understand A.J. wants to play everyday, but it should be whats best for the team.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 08:41 PM)
Absolutely dreadful by AJP tonight. If you're not going to play Castro against Willis, why even have him on the team?

Of course, that 700 OPS from Castro wouldn't hurt with our line-up.

I wonder how much of it has to do with Buehrle being really comfortable with AJ? However, Mark's the kind of guy that doesn't really need an experienced catcher or one he's familiar with...

The White Sox have to be last in the majors with RISP, correct?

Because Castro only has a career line of .308/.400/.923 in 13 at-bats against Dontrelle.

Edited by santo=dorf

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 08:43 PM)
If we get after these guys for showing enthusiasm, then we cant have the opposite concern (that almost all of us do)...that they play passionless and solely for the money.

Here's a guy showing he actually enjoys the game - i wish more were like that.

No, I just wish guys would act like they have done it before (see: Marino Rivera).

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 08:46 PM)
Because Castro only has a career line of .308/.400/.923 in 13 at-bats against Dontrelle.

If the press had any balls, they would ask Ozzie about Castro not playing with those numbers. That just makes me want to throw something in disgust.