GameThread: White Sox(27-31) vs Tigers(31-26) 7:11 CSN+

Kyyle23

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 10:23 PM)
Agreed, but I mean for the next 100 games or so, he'll probably bring it up every game. It was a very peculiar play all around, as I think Hawk thought Wise was safe and that his run tied the game.

It is a f***ing huge game. The series is tied at a game apiece, and it is the difference between being 3.5 and 5.5 games out. Why would you diminish how important tonight is???

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 10:23 PM)
Why the hell would I want Gordon Beckham to fail?

3 good AB's in what now, 16 chances? Good.

Is that last number you put up, a lot for chances. Or maybe we just give him a bit of time. I guess Wieters is a bust as well. Tell the Orioles to back up the truck on him as well. Young hitters dont come up polished. Sorry to piss on your WS 2009 plans.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 10:25 PM)
It is a f***ing huge game. The series is tied at a game apiece, and it is the difference between being 3.5 and 5.5 games out. Why would you diminish how important tonight is???

It's fathom....

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 04:25 AM)

If they finish 2 games or less out, then I hope Hawk makes a JFK style film about the play. If not, it's just another game honestly.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 09:25 PM)
Is that last number you put up, a lot for chances. Or maybe we just give him a bit of time. I guess Wieters is a bust as well. Tell the Orioles to back up the truck on him as well. Young hitters dont come up polished. Sorry to piss on your WS 2009 plans.

I think it's a damn good idea to throw him in there, actually. However, as a fan, I still want to see the team succeed. And Beckham just isn't really an upgrade right now at 3B offensively. Stick him at 2B and let him platoon with Nix while Fields rots and raises (or lowers) his trade value.