GameThread: White Sox(27-31) vs Tigers(31-26) 7:11 CSN+

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 04:40 AM)
If we lose those two we're 7.5 out.

It's not 10, but it's far enough to know that we're not good enough to compete in even a s***ty division.

And our schedule is pretty difficult with Dodgers coming up, good pitching in 6 games vs the Cubs, Reds (looks like we'll face Cueto and Harang).

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 11:35 PM)
I'm not. How often can you count on BA hitting a homer? How often can you count on BA GETTING A HIT? I look up and down the rosters of the red sox and other teams and see everyone hitting close to .300 and it just sickens me.

Until Q is back, we don't have a choice. BA is our best option outside of saying, "f*** it", and calling up Jordan Danks.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 10:40 PM)
If we lose those two we're 7.5 out.

It's not 10, but it's far enough to know that we're not good enough to compete in even a s***ty division.

we're going to be 2 games (at best) below .500 after SIXTY GAMES into the season, that's a huge indicator as to what you can expect from this club IMO

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 09:44 PM)
And our schedule is pretty difficult with Dodgers coming up, good pitching in 6 games vs the Cubs, Reds (looks like we'll face Cueto and Harang).

I'm so glad I'm going to waste about $100 on gas, $200 on a 2 night hotel stay, and about $130 on tickets to go watch that series. :unsure:

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 10:46 PM)
Then f*** it, call up Jordan Danks

There is a difference between rebuilding and just being dumb and forcing guys who aren't ready to play. That would be the latter.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 10:47 PM)
Tomorrow is an automatic loss vs. Verlander, so chalk up another L.

We are not hitting him.

We've mashed him in the past.

I really wish people would think before they post sometimes.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 04:47 AM)
There is a difference between rebuilding and just being dumb and forcing guys who aren't ready to play. That would be the latter.

Yep, unlike Beckham, he's the type of player you can hurt if he comes up and strikes out in 50 pct of his at bats.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 04:48 AM)
If we lose the next 2 games, the f word (firesale) becomes a very real scenario.

Yep, but it won't be done until July. No way KW starts unloading before the Cubs games. I know it came across poorly, and I do apologize...but I really do worry about the health of Jenks. It's not like Ozzie to not use him in those situations. If he didn't use him cause he knows he struggles in non-save situations, then I say good for Ozzie for finally learning. However, I don't think he's that analytical, and something has to be up.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 11:47 PM)

I don't know. Danks just got the same major league ready label from Buddy Bell that Slayer did about a week before his call up. I think the organzation thinks they know what they've got with the kid.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 04:47 AM)

If we can't get Reed Johnson, I honestly believe some might start asking if Mitchell can contribute this season at the big league level.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 10:47 PM)
Tomorrow is an automatic loss vs. Verlander, so chalk up another L.

We are not hitting him.

We've got something like 3 guys with a career OPS over 1.000 against Verlander. We OWN him. I don't know why you think it's automatic. We own him without Carlos, even.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 10:51 PM)
I don't know. Danks just got the same major league ready label from Buddy Bell that Slayer did about a week before his call up. I think the organzation thinks they know what they've got with the kid.

Buddy Bell can say what he wants, but major league pitching is a whole lot different than AA pitching. Danks still strikes out a bit too much to be MLB ready. He'd struggle mightily if he got called up. With that said, I expect him to be our starting CF on Opening Day next season.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 10:47 PM)

Okay then don't bring up the prized prospects. Bring up someone else. I can't see them doing any worse. Who knows? We might be suprised. I'm just tired of seeing the same ole stuff.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 10:50 PM)
Yep, but it won't be done until July. No way KW starts unloading before the Cubs games. I know it came across poorly, and I do apologize...but I really do worry about the health of Jenks. It's not like Ozzie to not use him in those situations. If he didn't use him cause he knows he struggles in non-save situations, then I say good for Ozzie for finally learning. However, I don't think he's that analytical, and something has to be up.

KW is delusional enough that he won't actually unload until July when he has to because the deadline is nearing anyways. He probably still thinks we're in the race. But he's going to be forced to sell off parts in July if we're out of it, and losing 4/5 to Detroit at home would go a long way towards putting us there.