GameThread: White Sox(27-31) vs Tigers(31-26) 7:11 CSN+

Kyyle23

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 10:48 PM)
I did think before my post.

Have you met our offense?

You are going to have a heart attack if you have this kind of reaction after a loss this season. I know you expected them to win at what, a 600 clip is what you said. Well I have some bad news. That might be a bit high of a projection. Sometimes you have to go through growing pains for the greater good. Right now we are struggling. As our past has shown us, its not a permanent thing.

He should have made some creative trades in the offseason when it's easier to make a blockbuster w/ the emotional winter meetings, et. all. Good luck dumping guys now and rebuilding in the process.

QUOTE (tommy @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 04:55 AM)
Ozzie said he wanted to face Granderson, because he knows Polanco is their most dangerous hitter.

FWIW

Then where was Thornton? The Tigers had ONE lefty in their stating lineup, what were we saving him for? I guess he only pitches in 6 run games.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 10:54 PM)
Buddy Bell can say what he wants, but major league pitching is a whole lot different than AA pitching. Danks still strikes out a bit too much to be MLB ready. He'd struggle mightily if he got called up. With that said, I expect him to be our starting CF on Opening Day next season.

Hence why the contact rate is such a big thing in the minors.

Beckham with high contact rate, comes up. Has to adjust. Still makes contact, yet not stroking every pitch.

versus

Typical Sox prospect brought up with low contact rate. Guy gets to 2 strikes and Ks badly.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 04:55 AM)
KW is delusional enough that he won't actually unload until July when he has to because the deadline is nearing anyways. He probably still thinks we're in the race. But he's going to be forced to sell off parts in July if we're out of it, and losing 4/5 to Detroit at home would go a long way towards putting us there.

You know my thinking. If you're not going to end up within 5 games of the divisional lead (which means you're in it until the last week), then you might as well be out of it come the deadline.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 10:59 PM)
You know my thinking. If you're not going to end up within 5 games of the divisional lead (which means you're in it until the last week), then you might as well be out of it come the deadline.

right a fire sale now probably won't reap as much as you could get on July 31st... even a very good pen arm can get a decent bidding war going between two teams and you could pull out a higher level prospect

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 04:52 AM)
If we can't get Reed Johnson, I honestly believe some might start asking if Mitchell can contribute this season at the big league level.

But, Fathom do you really believe that is correct thinking? I don't. You can't rush these guys. Maybe that;s what we are going to see with Beckham and Poreda? They are rushed.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 11:01 PM)
right a fire sale now probably won't reap as much as you could get on July 31st... even a very good pen arm can get a decent bidding war going between two teams and you could pull out a higher level prospect

Well that's why I won't get mad at KW if he waits. You can get more the longer you wait, and even the ultimate pessimist about this team (me) will admit that this division is awful, and thus you're a hot week or two away from being right back in the race (as we saw in late May).

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 11:02 PM)
He never likes facing us and even said so himself. If he didn't pitch against us in 06-07 (and alittle in 08) his numbers would be insanely good.

He is a fastball pitcher. Guys who throw hard versus the sox = poundage. They just react, and don't think.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 05:02 AM)
But, Fathom do you really believe that is correct thinking? I don't. You can't rush these guys. Maybe that;s what we are going to see with Beckham and Poreda? They are rushed.

Absolutely not, it's terrible thinking. I think we're rushing Poreda, as he'll need 100 pitches to get past the 5th. Beckham is a special situation, and I think getting used to the speed of the majors is a great experience for him.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 05:01 AM)

I think the best bet would be trading Dotel to the Phillies.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 04:42 AM)
Now Linebrink stinks? Our bullpen is Jeckyll-Hyding again like last year.

What a f***ing freak team we have.

Getting the potential winning run thrown out at the plate SUCKS also.

Tough loss in a tough season so far.

How many homers has our late inning relief given up? A few for sure

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 11:03 PM)
Well that's why I won't get mad at KW if he waits. You can get more the longer you wait, and even the ultimate pessimist about this team (me) will admit that this division is awful, and thus you're a hot week or two away from being right back in the race (as we saw in late May).

yeah, I think KW viewed this team as a crapshoot, it's an old team with potential firepower that could keep the team in it.

It's not ridiculous to think Danks or Floyd have a good game and keep them into against the pen, and the pen, especially tomorrow against a used Tigers pen. Again, I don't have a ton of hope for this team this year, but with the fans reaction to Beckham it shows the fanbase is positive, then maybe some pieces come back at the deadline and 40m in payroll off the books.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 11:03 PM)
Absolutely not, it's terrible thinking. I think we're rushing Poreda, as he'll need 100 pitches to get past the 5th. Beckham is a special situation, and I think getting used to the speed of the majors is a great experience for him.

I think we rushed Beckham a bit, but he'll be fine. I think he's a guy that can take struggling at the major league level as a positive learning experience if it continues (which is a very rare type of guy).

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 11:01 PM)

Man I hope so. I would love to get a boat load of high level prospects that have a good chance of panning out. Where is our Longoria or Utley or Pedroia or Hanley Ramirez?

Edited by Chet Kincaid

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 11:05 PM)
yeah, I think KW viewed this team as a crapshoot, it's an old team with potential firepower that could keep the team in it.

It's not ridiculous to think Danks or Floyd have a good game and keep them into against the pen, and the pen, especially tomorrow against a used Tigers pen. Again, I don't have a ton of hope for this team this year, but with the fans reaction to Beckham it shows the fanbase is positive, then maybe some pieces come back at the deadline and 40m in payroll off the books.

Even with it's growth, our fanbase is a very smart fanbase in my opinion. Most people have at least some concept of everything going on right now.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 04:07 AM)
Man I hope so. I would love to get a boat load of high level prospects that have a good chance of panning out. Where is our Longoria or Utley or Pedroia or Hanley Ramirez?

did you miss some of the scouts saying Beckham should turn into one of the best hitters in baseball? In 3 years, I'll be shocked if Beckham doesn't put up numbers similar or better than Pedroia.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 11:07 PM)

You sound like Flash a year or 2 ago. Where is our Liriano!?!?

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 11:08 PM)
did you miss some of the scouts saying Beckham should turn into one of the best hitters in baseball? In 3 years, I'll be shocked if Beckham doesn't put up numbers similar or better than Pedroia.

He means getting a pile of prospects for one of our legit players via trade.