THE OFFICIAL SOXTALK 2009 MLB DRAFT THREAD

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Markbilliards @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 04:41 PM)
Why is Tanner Schepper still available?

The MLB team doctors might have all seen something in his shoulder that scared them away. He tore his labrum i think last year right before the draft and dropped into the second round but didn't sign. Maybe it hasn't healed well

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 06:38 PM)
TAMU for Miller. I was reading Gibson's scouting report, and I see he doesn't throw hard. What's his story?

He sits 92 with a plus slider (Major League caliber from what I've read). It's a sick pitch. He has good enough control not to walk guys, but his fastball is pretty straight. He needs to get some movement on his fastball and then I'll be sold on him, but until then I'm somewhat worried about him. I'm not worried about the injury, but it is notable. At 23, the potential might be too good to pass up, but it's not the Sox style to take a risky pick.

BA saying it might not be Brothers. If Brothers doesn't go here, he probably comes to the Sox. Arnett is damn near a lock to the Twins, imo. They want a pitcher and have watched him extensively and didn't think he'd be there. I could also see them going slot and taking Davidson, 3B, but I really see him going to the Angels.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 07:45 PM)
anyone else freaked out a little that there are people being drafted this year who were born in the 90's?

I'm one of the younger posters on the board, so this is extra depressing, but hell my baseball dreams were crushed before High School.

QUOTE (Markbilliards @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 04:46 PM)
Don't you feel like Brothers is overrated? His strikeouts don't mean much considering his competition.

Two plus pitches, taking plus velocity into the late innings of his games. Ya, I like him a lot. Wosre case he's a closer.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 12:47 AM)
This is awesome, cause I think there is a good outfielder there at 38. I love Brothers and the Sox like him too. He's our guy, barring the Astros or Twins gaffing it.

Yep, I think Mitchell falls to 38