THE OFFICIAL SOXTALK 2009 MLB DRAFT THREAD

southsider2k5

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 09:01 PM)
Ah, love the bat... but theres questions on if he can stick at catcher.

We now have 2 really interesting bats at the catcher spot, but can either stick there?

Dublar is still an interesting guy in our system too. Should be great to see our catchers progress through the system.

There's the catcher I said I wanted, though he wasn't my first choice. Fantastic bat at least... So Phegley calls his own game? That's pretty impressive. Makes me feel a lot better about him being able to stay behind the plate. I am definitely happy with this pick.

I know some people were hoping to take a chance on a guy since we went slot with our 1st round pick, but look for the Sox to do that with a pick they don't have to worry about losing. If you take a guy with the comp pick and he doesn't sign, you lose that early pick. But, if you take a guy in the 4th/5th round and he doesn't sign, much less of a loss.

Edited by dasox24

probably would have been there later, and shaky defensively...wonder if this means the sox think flowers is going to be at 1b eventually...if we were going to go for a position player i would have preferred williams

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 06:05 PM)
Is that pick a sign we think Flowers can't catch at the MLB level? That's what I've heard about Tyler from a lot of people, but just making sure.

Not at all. More had to do with the fact that we had pure s*** in the minors for a long time at the catching spot and Phelgey is a really nice looking bat that is behind the plate.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 08:05 PM)
Is that pick a sign we think Flowers can't catch at the MLB level? That's what I've heard about Tyler from a lot of people, but just making sure.

I don't think so cause there is no guarantee Phegley can stick behind the plate.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 08:05 PM)
I wouldn't mind if we drafted another 1 or 2 catchers in the first 10 rounds... We could use some more good ones in the system.

Scheppers and Heckathorn still on the board...

I'm kinda scared regarding Scheppers. I can't believe he's lasted this long.

NM. If he's healthy, the Rangers got a steal. Good lord that team is OVERf***INGFLOWING with legitimate pitching prospects.

Edited by Jordan4life