Wise - "Keep Booing Me"

Heads22

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 04:35 PM)
But, but, but Wise told us booing fans not to blame KW and Ozzie.

boo-man.gif

Haha, what was he supposed to say? Other than nothing, which is the correct answer, but this is purely rhetorical

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 05:37 PM)
Haha, what was he supposed to say? Other than nothing, which is the correct answer, but this is purely rhetorical

Basically, just about anything besides basically calling the entire fanbase fairweather fans when you have a .150 batting average and you were playing like s*** even before your injury. About the only thing worse than that would've been a revelation he was a child molester. It's like he WANTS the fans to hate him now.

Edited by lostfan

I don't know what Wise thinks he can accomplish with this, but its not going to end well for him. He might want to flip his own baseball card, and check his stats and the status of his career before he starts to call out the fanbase. You want the booing to stop, hit the damn ball. I do not advocate booing of a player, but this guy is just asking for pain when this gets out. He should be thanking his lucky stars that he is on this team, because he is a AAAA outfielder on the rest of the baseball teams.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 04:43 PM)
I don't know why, but I am lovin' the hostilities brewing on the south side - GM storms out of the clubhouse, manager calls his team horses***, players feeling neglected. Haven't seen this kind of drama in awhile.

I know what you mean. A little fire in the belly might be just what the team needs. A good fight sometimes helps too. We are playing the Tigers. Maybe Inge will take a swing at AJ when AJ is passing 3rd in a homerun trot. Then Pods and Anderson can fearlessly throw themselves into the fray again. Fields can jump on the pile and pull Maggs hair. Leyland will come out with a cigarette in his mouth and hold his own against Ozzie despite being 90 because he's old school. Wise will take on the entire Detroit bullpen and be a hero. KW will flip over a table just because.

Nearly 6 years in the making....my 1000th post. Nice being here with you all.

To be fair. He got booed to start the season as a sign to Ozzie/Kenny we were unhappy he was our starting CF and leading off. All the fans knew he sucked, yet our organization does not. We award grit and feistiness more than talent.

However, then he proceeded to go like 0 for his first 20 in the leadoff spot. It was just so stupid to put a career minor leaguer out there who was awful in Spring Training and then throw him to the top of the lineup because of a handful of good games in 08.

It's not his fault his manager believes in him, but that's the only way we can vocally say we don't want him out there.

Edited by Steve9347

Racists.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 04:35 PM)
But, but, but Wise told us booing fans not to blame KW and Ozzie.

boo-man.gif

Well duh. What the hell is he suppose to say to that queston? Even if he says "no comment," everyone would imply that he thinks the blame falls on management and thus be in the Sox doghouse forever.

Edited by sweatpants