Frank Thomas 400 HRs

mousetom78

Bagwell and Thomas were born on the same day, won MVP's in their respective League's in the same year, but Bagwell beat Thomas to 400 HR's by at least a day.

Yes, that would have been some weird and funky s*** if they both would have hit #400 on the same day. Both Thomas and Bagwell are future HOF'ers. Only 35 have 400+...that's some pretty elite company.

I think Bagwell needs to at least get 450 before he's a sure fire hall of famer in all honesty. I don't have his numbers in front of me though. I know he's been an amazing run producer though. Its just to me, in this offensive era, its going to be a lot harder to get a hitter into the hall of fame. Well its going to take some pretty impressive numbers.

Thomas was the best in his era for a while. Baggs has always been good, never the best, so I think he needs another couple years. The question is whether he will be healthy enough. If he retired today, I'd say it would be borderline if he gets in.

Just my 2 cents though.

Bagwell career stats...

.301 average (Frank = .311)

400 HR (Frank = 398)

1375 RBI (Frank = 1337)

.412 OBP (Frank = .430)

.547 SLG (Frank = .566)

Him and Frank have had almost identical careers.

BTW...I am shocked that his numbers are that good. I thought Frank would have been better in all categories.

Bagwell career stats...

400 HR (Frank = 398)

1375 RBI (Frank = 1337)

.412 OBP (Frank = .430)

.547 SLG (Frank = .566)

BTW...I am shocked that his numbers are that good.  I thought Frank would have been better in all categories.

Lol...you did what I didn't do, look up stats. I'd say Baggs is definately in.

Bagwell career stats...

400 HR (Frank = 398)

1375 RBI (Frank = 1337)

.412 OBP (Frank = .430)

.547 SLG (Frank = .566)

BTW...I am shocked that his numbers are that good.  I thought Frank would have been better in all categories.

Lol...you did what I didn't do, look up stats. I'd say Baggs is definately in.

Stats..gotta love em. :D

Bagwell career stats...

400 HR (Frank = 398)

1375 RBI (Frank = 1337)

.412 OBP (Frank = .430)

.547 SLG (Frank = .566)

Frank also missed 2001. So add that season in and Ill be conservative. 25 HRs and 100 RBIs. Very conservative. Thats 424 bombs with 1437 RBIs. If it wasnt for that, Franks numbers would be better. Frank and Baggs were also born on the same day... :o

Guest mr1drfl
399 ...  101 until 500 more

f*** yeah. im a huge fan of franks. im glad hes gotten this far and i think he can get to 500 if he plays long enough. think about it. lets say he hits 15 more shots this year. that would put him at 414 and 86 left until 500. then all he would need is 3 seasons of about 29 homeruns. for this man, that is doable

Guest mr1drfl

i think thomas will get in the hall with just 400. heck i think he could stop now and get in. but hell get in a lot quicker the more bombs he hits

Frank is a lock to hit 500.

I hope he does it in a White Sox uniform too.

This day and age...one player, one team his whole career. It's a shocker.

I wouldn't say a lock, remember when everyone was saying Griffey was going to break 755? Injuries can happen to anyone, anywhere.