Mill-e-wah-que Road Trip Thread

RibbieRubarb

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was @ Miller on Saturday and I reside in the Milwaukee area. I went with a fan who is a die-hard Brewers fan.

The WSox fan base presented themselves extremely well this weekend...as did the WSox themselves. It was great to see them play at Miller Park. I hope to see them there for seasons to come.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 13, 2009 -> 09:04 PM)
Somebody made him an avatar already:

av-6956.jpg

LOL that's awesome.

When we got to the game on Saturday, we had about 10 different people come up to him to say how they saw him on the news the night before. Unfortunately, the news had shown him while he was sleeping in the late innings of the Friday game. However, he was a big hit. People of all ages were taking photos with him, a few people bought him beer, and he was even rocking out with the band that plays outside the stadium after each game.

He goes by Carlos Cluckin or the South Side Chicken. Become the South Side Chicken's friend on Facebook, and upload any photos you take with him.

He will be at the Saturday game in Cincinnati, too.

QUOTE (smalls2598 @ Jun 15, 2009 -> 08:17 AM)
LOL that's awesome.

When we got to the game on Saturday, we had about 10 different people come up to him to say how they saw him on the news the night before. Unfortunately, the news had shown him while he was sleeping in the late innings of the Friday game. However, he was a big hit. People of all ages were taking photos with him, a few people bought him beer, and he was even rocking out with the band that plays outside the stadium after each game.

He goes by Carlos Cluckin or the South Side Chicken. Become the South Side Chicken's friend on Facebook, and upload any photos you take with him.

He will be at the Saturday game in Cincinnati, too.

I figured he might post here--close enough.

The Milwaukee broadcast on Friday featured him heavily late in the game when he was looking sad and tired. During that time they also showed clips from earlier in the game when he was up and flapping his wings.

I saw one pretty bad fight yesterday after the game with a group of young Sox fans and older Brewers fans. Some of these younger Sox fans were talking s*** for awhile after the gmae yesterday in the lots, drinking out the back of their pick-up truck. Actually it seemed Sox fans were over-served everyhwere all weekend, and I was one of them. Anyways, these Sox fans ended up jumping out of their pick-up and started to whip beers/beer cans at these Brewers fans before Milwaukee policy could rectify the situation. It was really the only melee I saw all weekend though, and was hopig for the best after I've heard what can go on up there when the Cubs fans try to take over the park. I think the Sox faithful behaved well for the most part though, and it was a good series for both sides of fans. I think everyone relied a bit too much on hey at least we have hating the cubs in common!!! I'm quite sure the bootlegers made a few coins selling the Cubs Suck shirts in the lot all weekend.

Great time though. I absolutely love going up to Miller Park, I've never had a bad time there. Been to already 4 games this year, and I'm sure I got at least 1 more bobblehead day in me.

Edited by watchtower41