6/10 Kitties vs. Sox @ 7:11

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (tommy @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 09:33 PM)
Paulie has been playing with a loose ligament in his thumb for a while.

Fields will be at 1st for tomorrow.

It still hasn't healed from last year?

QUOTE (tommy @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 02:33 AM)
Paulie has been playing with a loose ligament in his thumb for a while.

Fields will be at 1st for tomorrow.

Did they say how long he's expected to be out? I want him back next Tuesday.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 09:34 PM)
Well the ray of sunshine, Beckham looked good up at the plate tonight against a pretty tough pitcher. 1 for 3. Keep hitting, and it will come.

opposite field base hit, linedrive to left center and... can't remember his other at-bat, but i know he got good wood on it

he's looked awesome in the box, I know that much

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 09:35 PM)
opposite field base hit, linedrive to left center and... can't remember his other at-bat, but i know he got good wood on it

he's looked awesome in the box, I know that much

His first out was to second base, solid strike on the ball. These stuff type pitchers are just what the doctor ordered. Less thought, more natural ability taking over.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 03:38 AM)
His first out was to second base, solid strike on the ball. These stuff type pitchers are just what the doctor ordered. Less thought, more natural ability taking over.

And he already makes better contact at the plate than Borchard and Fields could have ever dreamed of.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 09:39 PM)
And he already makes better contact at the plate than Borchard and Fields could have ever dreamed of.

He is also pretty damn fluid at 3rd. His baseball instincts are far beyond Fields at 3rd. They said it last night, Beckham attacks the grounder, picks his hop and makes the play. Fields lets the ball play him. Beckham had a bad hop come up on him yesterday, he still makes a nice play for the out. There was another play last night, ball dribbled down the 3rd base line, he attacks it and his glove is down the entire time. The kid is a natural. Him coming up early might not pay off this year, but the experience he is getting is going to pay off in the long run.

Beckham has played solid baseball ever since he came up to the big squad, and when he wasn't hitting the ball he was playing defense that Fields could only dream about, and now that he's hitting and taking walks, and the defense is still there, is there any reason at all to remove him from the lineup now? I sincerely hope not

Gordo may only have 2 hits, but unlike Josh he doesn't look completely overmatched and is striking out every AB. He's making solid contact it's just right at people.

If Paulie's on the DL I hope he we get some Brandon Allen action. I mean the only other options would be Ward or Kroeger is suppose, but I'd rather see Allen then either.

I'd sure as s*** rather see Ward than Wise though as far as a lefty off the bench who can also back-up first...

Nice homestand, White Sox.

Congratulations. Not many teams could be out of the s***ty Central Division race by June 10.

I know we've had some injuries but what the f***?

Only hope of getting back in it is total fold job by Detroit. Minnie again has an amazing home record to go with s*** on the road.

Our home record is a disgrace.

Again, congratulations to all. June 10 and we're out of it barring some minor miracle as in a 10-game win streak coupled with a 2-8 Detroit stretch.

QUOTE (Cali @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 10:34 PM)
Gordo may only have 2 hits, but unlike Josh he doesn't look completely overmatched and is striking out every AB. He's making solid contact it's just right at people.

If Paulie's on the DL I hope he we get some Brandon Allen action. I mean the only other options would be Ward or Kroeger is suppose, but I'd rather see Allen then either.

I'd sure as s*** rather see Ward than Wise though as far as a lefty off the bench who can also back-up first...

You want to call up Allen??!?!!?? That means Josh will need more explanation!!!!

Is Ken serious? My gosh.

The Cubs are right there and have the payroll and the starting pitching when it's healthy.

We right now are this completely dysfunctional team with injuries, big-time hitting problems and inconsistent pitching (Linebrink, WTF of late) both starting and in relief.

I guess he thinks for some reason we are going to click and win 10 in a row at some point. I don't see it. Hope I'm wrong.

QUOTE (tommy @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 10:46 PM)
Ken Rosenthal just said he thinks White Sox have better chance at making the playoffs than the Cubs.

Was it not Ken Rosenthal that said about a month ago that Jake Peavy shouldnt even think about going to the Whitesox because the Cubs are the team he had the best chance to win now with?