kapkomet

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Tex @ Nov 7, 2009 -> 04:06 PM)
How exactly do you envision 400+ members of congress and 100 senators all work on one thing at one time?

And I love the Fox something first :lol: I believe your Freudian Slip was showing ;)

Tex, I is next to O on the keyboard, and my arthritic fingers don't always hit the right keys. And sometimes when they DO, my dyslexic part takes over and transposes a few, usually making 'ing' into 'ign' or something like that. 'Fiorst' instead of 'first' is also a common one my crooked fingers make.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Nov 7, 2009 -> 10:38 PM)
Tex, I is next to O on the keyboard, and my arthritic fingers don't always hit the right keys. And sometimes when they DO, my dyslexic part takes over and transposes a few, usually making 'ing' into 'ign' or something like that. 'Fiorst' instead of 'first' is also a common one my crooked fingers make.

Same here, foist ois one of my usua;l that I have to edit out.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 8, 2009 -> 07:03 AM)
yep, 3 more votes until the dachau-like death camps open. What have we done?!

Way to take something not just out of context, but like in a different f***ing galaxy of out of context.

There will be no death camps.

There will be no "lines", nor government dictated health care in what you can and cannot have done.

I don't forsee any of that coming from this.

What I see is further deficit, further spending, and further debt in which this country simple cannot take on long term. The complete shortsightedness many of you seem to share with the government is beyond baffling to me.

I don't know where you think the money is going to keep coming from, it's not like we have a surplus here...we're already OUT of money...things like this make us even MORE out of money. It's a matter of time before something gives...and somethings gotta give.

That was the shark tank I'm speaking of jumping. The Republicans and their ridiculous "alternate Heath reform bill" were just as dumb. We were already on our way to jumping it, but something this expensive...and trust me it will be WAY more expensive than they've estimated, well...that puts us over the top.

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Nov 8, 2009 -> 08:57 AM)
Way to take something not just out of context, but like in a different f***ing galaxy of out of context.

There will be no "lines", nor government dictated health care in what you can and cannot have done.

What I see is further deficit, further spending, and further debt.

That was the shark tank I'm speaking of jumping. We were already on our way to jumping it, but something this expensive...and trust me it will be WAY more expensive than they've estimated, well...that puts us over the top.

Look at your 1-10 year old kids, think about them having kids, and apologize now, because these kids (and their kids) will never, ever see the opportunities we have had up until now. Ever. They will be working for the state to sustain this boondoggle we call government.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Nov 8, 2009 -> 08:57 AM)

What I see is further deficit, further spending, and further debt.

That was the shark tank I'm speaking of jumping. We were already on our way to jumping it, but something this expensive...and trust me it will be WAY more expensive than they've estimated, well...that puts us over the top.

The usual reaction when we need more revenue is to cut taxes. An across the board tax cut should cover all this nicely.

Seriously,

There will be lines until the the industry ramps up, which will not take too long.

Someone will die and still others will blame the government and Obama.

There will probably be displays counting the people that Obamacare kills.

QUOTE (Tex @ Nov 8, 2009 -> 09:02 AM)
The usual reaction when we need more revenue is to cut taxes. An across the board tax cut should cover all this nicely.

Seriously,

There will be lines until the the industry ramps up, which will not take too long.

You are the one that used to scream about government spending, and now all of a sudden, it's ok.

QUOTE (Tex @ Nov 8, 2009 -> 09:02 AM)

Seriously,

I don't think Obamacare kills, nor do I think Obama "is out to get us". I really believe they think this plan will help, and if it was sustainable, it might...but there is no way to sustain this. And they're not going to cut taxes, if anything they're going to have to raise them, and this bill will be unsustainable regardless...they money simply is not there, nor will it suddenly appear.

And trust me, Kap, I know what you're talking about, but with how we are over populating the planet as it is, that was inevitable one way or the other.

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Nov 8, 2009 -> 08:59 AM)
Look at your 1-10 year old kids, think about them having kids, and apologize now, because these kids (and their kids) will never, ever see the opportunities we have had up until now. Ever. They will be working for the state to sustain this boondoggle we call government.

Do you man the opportunity to work for American based small business that can offer health benefits that rival larger companies? The same small businesses that are least likely to outsource overseas? The opportunity to not be a lost job and major illness away from financial ruin? We spend hundreds of billions on a military to protect our health, and the health of millions of foreigners, it's about time that the working poor in this country have a shot at the same health benefits that John Wayne Gacy* received in his lifetime. Well at least to that last procedure he underwent.

*thought I would add a touch of kaperbole™ :cheers

Again, it's not the place of the government to dictate how small businesses spend money. Government now controls our bodies (after the senate passes this boondoggle). It was NEVER, EVER intended to control all that it controls.

QUOTE (Tex @ Nov 8, 2009 -> 09:08 AM)
Do you man the opportunity to work for American based small business that can offer health benefits that rival larger companies? The same small businesses that are least likely to outsource overseas? The opportunity to not be a lost job and major illness away from financial ruin? We spend hundreds of billions on a military to protect our health, and the health of millions of foreigners, it's about time that the working poor in this country have a shot at the same health benefits that John Wayne Gacy* received in his lifetime. Well at least to that last procedure he underwent.

*thought I would add a touch of kaperbole™ :cheers

IF that happened, maybe you'd be onto something. In order to make this cheaper, as you think they are going to do, they're going to have a massively subsidize it...and again, you still haven't shown me where this money is coming from. But I understand, it's because you can't...because they money isn't there to sustain this.

I agree, it will help small businesses on the short term...but this country's lack of attention span is glaring even in cases like this. Over the next 10 years, this may be sustainable...but what about the 20 after that? We are 10T+ in debt, tack on another 1T from this...and keep in mind, the first 10 years of this plan were the cheap years. Wait until the second 10 kick in and see if that "total package" still comes out to only 1.1T (and forget inflation numbers -- because this is going to far supersede inflation in how fast the costs start ramping up.)

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Nov 8, 2009 -> 09:03 AM)
You are the one that used to scream about government spending, and now all of a sudden, it's ok.

I scream about deficits and cutting taxes while spending more. Like fighting a war and cutting taxes to pay for it. I believe this will offer long term benefits to US small business. I see small business as the long term solution to our economic issues. The mega multinationals tend to move jobs out of here while small business picks up. The problem with every small business I worked at was health care. Attracting talent while offering benefit packages that were dwarfed by larger companies was nearly impossible. With family coverages costing $600 and more, that added $4 and $5 per hour to wages. The insurance companies always claimed it was the size of the pool. Well, we just started to create one hell of a pool.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Nov 8, 2009 -> 09:11 AM)
Again, it's not the place of the government to dictate how small businesses spend money. Government now controls our bodies (after the senate passes this boondoggle). It was NEVER, EVER intended to control all that it controls.

The power to tax says other wise. The authority to write laws which protect workers cause all business to spend money. And yes the government controls out bodies. They draft us to fight wars, they tell us we can visit this wilderness, but not that one. We can ride cars here, but not there.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Nov 7, 2009 -> 11:33 PM)
The US is one step closer to jumping the shark.

Didn't messiah say he would not sign a bill over 900 billion?

Do we rally think they will cut 300 billion in committee?

Oh and this will create jobs and reduce the deficit...

If Obama signs this garbage, did he lie to the American people?

You know a great way to create jobs?....Tax small businesses for not offering healthcare. They will hire like crazy....GMAFB

Depression is coming....pucker up...

QUOTE (Tex @ Nov 8, 2009 -> 09:15 AM)
I scream about deficits and cutting taxes while spending more. Like fighting a war and cutting taxes to pay for it. I believe this will offer long term benefits to US small business. I see small business as the long term solution to our economic issues. The mega multinationals tend to move jobs out of here while small business picks up. The problem with every small business I worked at was health care. Attracting talent while offering benefit packages that were dwarfed by larger companies was nearly impossible. With family coverages costing $600 and more, that added $4 and $5 per hour to wages. The insurance companies always claimed it was the size of the pool. Well, we just started to create one hell of a pool.

Too bad that pool is going to be buying bad governement run care that takes it's time paying it's bills (see Medicare), or simply doesn't pay them at all...and then Hospitals will begin balking at accepting said insurance knowing they'll never get paid.

They're taken a successful step at reforming health insurance...but they've done nothing to reform health care, which was the bigger problem. People will begin to see that unless then Senate knocks this back over the next few years.

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Nov 8, 2009 -> 09:19 AM)
Too bad that pool is going to be buying bad governement run care that takes it's time paying it's bills (see Medicare), or simply doesn't pay them at all...and then Hospitals will begin balking at accepting said insurance knowing they'll never get paid.

They're taken a successful step at reforming health insurance...but they've done nothing to reform health care, which was the bigger problem. People will begin to see that unless then Senate knocks this back over the next few years.

Part 1 - All that and it is still better than what we have today.

Part 2 - Great point. Health care claims a big part of the problem is all the uninsured they must treat. We'll see how this helps.