White Sox Winnah

RockRaines

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sucks they couldn't get the W for floyd, either way its great to see Gavin kicking ass. I'm officially on the bandwagon of moving Jenks if we can get a really good offer for him. Not sure if we can though. And it has nothing to do with him blowing the save and everything to do with the fact that I think now is the perfect time to move him, although, you have to get great value and if you don't, you keep him.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 06:46 PM)
i hope kenny keeps that in mind. I'm not ready to watch two years of rookies learning how to play.

I'm not ready to watch two years of this mediocre crap with veterans who are on their last legs trying to carry the load for our poorer young players while the good ones toil in the minor league system waiting for their chance (with the exception being Beckham, who was rushed up). It was a nice win today (although more exciting than it should have been), but we had a great opportunity to get right within sniffing distance of 1st place (if not closer) heading into this 12 game homestand to start June, and we went an unacceptable 4-8. This ship better get righted within the next month or so or the full fledged youth movement will be afoot.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 08:07 PM)
Can you guys imagine where we would be if he had have signed Orlando Hudson and kept Javier Vasquez? I don't care if he can't win in big games - he was an innings eater that got us to big games in the fall.

We'd be without Tyler Flowers and Jared Mitchell.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 08:31 PM)
We wouldn't be without Jared Mitchell.

If we had re-signed Cabrera we wouldn't have had Josh Phegley and David Holmberg.

We would have lost the #23 pick to the D-Backs. They had the #16 and #17 picks because Hudson was a Type A and he signed with the Dodgers, who had to give up their first round pick for him.

Are we that sure that Tyler Flowers is a lock to contribute in the big leagues in the next few years? I mean I think with Orlando Hudson at 2nd playing like he has been for the Dodgers and with Javy playing like he always does we would definitely be in first place in this division.

Edited by Chet Kincaid

Nice win, but...

I've mentioned this before, but I'm getting pretty sick and tired of watching Alexei out there. I've been one of his biggest fans and backers the past 2 years, but this s*** is getting old.

Since there's not much hope for the rest of the season, IMO, there's no point in not letting Alexei go out there everyday and try and prove something, but I'm getting to the point where I don't think he's good enough to be an everyday player.

I would not be upset at all to see Beckham getting a lot of time at SS. Alexei can still be a very valuable utility guy who can play all 3 OF spots as well 2B, 3B, and SS with average or better D. However, I don't think Alexei can be counted on as an everyday player. He tries to hit home runs every AB, and he just doesn't seem to have much baseball IQ (he's a natural player, but he's a bonehead).

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 10:19 PM)
Nice win, but...

I've mentioned this before, but I'm getting pretty sick and tired of watching Alexei out there. I've been one of his biggest fans and backers the past 2 years, but this s*** is getting old.

Since there's not much hope for the rest of the season, IMO, there's no point in not letting Alexei go out there everyday and try and prove something, but I'm getting to the point where I don't think he's good enough to be an everyday player.

I would not be upset at all to see Beckham getting a lot of time at SS. Alexei can still be a very valuable utility guy who can play all 3 OF spots as well 2B, 3B, and SS with average or better D. However, I don't think Alexei can be counted on as an everyday player. He tries to hit home runs every AB, and he just doesn't seem to have much baseball IQ (he's a natural player, but he's a bonehead).

overreact much? Thank God you are a poster and not a GM.

The sleeper story here is Josh Fields with a nice game. It doesn’t look pretty on the surface but 0-1 with 3 BB’s is a marked improvement. Also, Jenksy owes Floyd a win and a beer. Here’s hoping the Scotty Pods 2005 reunion tour keeps producing these kinds of results.

Gavin was dealing. I don't know why I'm so upset he didn't get the W. Hope he's not feeling as upset as I am. The guy was cooking and we blew it for him. Nice that we won the game obviously but Gavin really deserved the W on his record.

As far as Lexi, we can't afford to sit him. At least he's had some games of late where he's had multi hits. Beckham is close to being officially not ready. If he can't hit the NL pitching coming up, I don't know what to say. He's got to pound some of these NL pitchers. This has got to be his worst 5-6 game stretch in his entire life, right? Little League to Babe Ruth to high school to college to minors.

He's 1 for a a bundle.

Edited by greg775