Sox @ Brewers 3:05 FOX

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Disco72 @ Jun 13, 2009 -> 04:44 PM)
Dare I say that Sox starters have been looking very good lately... Jose and Richard are making legit cases to stay at the back end of the rotation.

I think it's pretty much decided they'll hold Bartolo out to see if they can get a young who-knows prospect in exchange for his misleading ERA.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Jun 13, 2009 -> 01:47 PM)
It's awesome living in IL and having to watch the Cardinals game on FOX.

Yeah, f*** you FOX.

In Alabama, we get Mets/Yankees. That of course will be the third Yankees game I've watched this week after the two national Red Sox/Yankees games from earlier this week.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jun 13, 2009 -> 02:48 PM)
Bacon with the overthrow. Hart at first now with the error.

between innings during a spring training game beckham overthrew kong while warming up. Kong got the ball, tossed another grounder to Beckham and he airmailed Kong again. Konerko just stood there staring at him - it was funny how embarrassed Beckham was.

The best things that I have happened to the Count in his career is right after EVERYONE had counted him out. Pun kinda of intended cause it is so fitting. It is crazy when you think about how his career has gone.

This is amazing by Contreras. Not only am I proud for him personally, but his trade value has got to be sky rocketing right now if we want to trade him. You don't think a team like the Brewers wouldn't give up a good package to get him pitching for them instead of Parra?

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 13, 2009 -> 06:07 PM)
This is amazing by Contreras. Not only am I proud for him personally, but his trade value has got to be sky rocketing right now if we want to trade him. You don't think a team like the Brewers wouldn't give up a good package to get him pitching for them instead of Parra?

I'd trade him for Parra. Parra's 26 and has good mechanics. He just needs his head examined (like Thornton and Floyd.)

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 13, 2009 -> 11:07 PM)
I still say, if he keeps performing, that they should trade him as soon as possible while he has value.

Basically what I say in the post above. I know some will get mad at these type of posts, but talk about the ultimate sell high

I tell you what... if I am a team in the hunt for october and I need one more starting pitcher to get me over the hump, I would have to take a long hard look at Contreras. He has experience, he's a horse, and when his head is right he is FILTHY! Kenny might be able to rob some desperate team.

Edited by Chet Kincaid