WHITE SOX WINNER!!

joejoedairy

You really have to give Jose credit. So many players would never even consider taking a minor league assignment, even in a rehab capacity (see Garrett Anderson this year). To voluntarily go down speaks volumes about the guy's character (and level of desperation). So, no matter what Jose does in the future, he's got my admiration.

Since he's joined, Contreras has been one of my favorite White Sox pitchers. It sucked to see people rail on him because some can't accept the fact that pitchers go through rough stretches and injuries (some rough stretches as a result of injuries), but hopefully they've shut the f*** up by now. Yeah, some want to play armchair GM and they'll cry hell over his contract and how it prevents such future studs like the Broadways and Gios from blowing up their ERA's like a clown blowing balloon animals at a child's birthday party, or how it prevents that one big signing which KW probably wouldn't do regardless, but yeah, you know what I'm saying. I'm happy to have this guy on the team.

The thing is, even if the Floyds and Danks worked out, some would be calling for their heads 12 seconds into their contracts for someone even younger (but with RIDICULOUS UPSIDE!!!!). If it works, enjoy it, even if he's 76 years old. Your not a f***ing scout, don't pretend to be one. Your a fan of the team and it shouldn't matter if a tree is striking opposing hitters out, so as long as he *is* striking hitters out.

Edited by Swingandalongonetoleft

Good points, swingandalong one. Wow, that was an emotional rant you had there.

I agree everybody always wants the next best thing. It's human nature. The unknown. Veteran ballplayers must laugh when the media flock to the lockers of the new studs time and again when they get called up.

I'm happy for Jose, but you have to admit, it was tough to watch his horses*** outings earlier this season when they rushed him back. It would take a saint to not have turned on Jose for those horrific performances. They were utterly awful.

That said, hope the new Jose keeps it up.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jun 14, 2009 -> 03:30 AM)
What's with Bacon as Beckham's nickname? I wasen't around the boards when he came up so I have no idea why we are calling him this.

You seriously don't know?

Ozzie's poor pronunciation of Beckham sounds like bacon, it's hilarious