Draft Signings

danman31

A whole host of draft signing being reported by Baseball America:

Kyle Colligan (12), Dan Black (14), Daniel Wagner (16), Phil Negus (18), Brady Shoemaker (19), Zach Kayne (22), Goldy Simmons (23), Jeff Tezak (24), Matt Harughty (26), Kyle Davis (27), Robby Cummngs (28), Trey Delk (29), Rob Vaughn (30), Ryan Hamme (31), Jake Wilson (32), Chase Cooney (33), Alex Farotto (34), Joe Serafin (37), A.J. Casario (38), Paul Burnside (39), Ryan Lee (41).

http://www.baseballamerica.com/draftdb/200...m.php?team=1026

Edited by Ozzie Ball

Bayne is signing according to this article!

LINKY

Reaching an agreement was 2006 Saint Louis School graduate Cameron Bayne, a right-handed pitcher drafted in the 13th round by the Chicago White Sox out of NAIA Concordia (Irvine, Calif.). He said he reports Sunday to Great Falls (Mont.) of the rookie Pioneer League. He will sign his deal when he gets to Montana.

"Everything feels great," Bayne said. "I've worked hard for this dream to come true. I can't wait for the opportunity to play."

He signed for a $50,000 bonus plus the cost of the remainder of his college education.

Very nice work so far.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 26, 2009 -> 11:13 PM)
Four days ago or so. Dude, FutureSox is all over that s*** fathom, We RAWK!!!!

I'll be honest, I never used to go on futuresox.com. With the site down the past few days, I was on there all the time. You guys do a great job. Now let's get these guys signed!

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 26, 2009 -> 04:17 PM)
I'll be honest, I never used to go on futuresox.com. With the site down the past few days, I was on there all the time. You guys do a great job. Now let's get these guys signed!

Well you my friend are missing out. Just wait till Collari writes his first piece. And than we are working significantly on getting more guys in the Collari mold who are involved with the minor league franchises to contribute. It will single-handedly be the best team specific minor league site on the web.

Yep, I'm very arrogant about the collective White Sox minor league knowledge on the site.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 26, 2009 -> 11:18 PM)
Well you my friend are missing out. Just wait till Collari writes his first piece. And than we are working significantly on getting more guys in the Collari mold who are involved with the minor league franchises to contribute. It will single-handedly be the best team specific minor league site on the web.

Yep, I'm very arrogant about the collective White Sox minor league knowledge on the site.

This site has honestly made the MLB draft more intriguing to me than the NBA draft, and there is no one on this planet who watches more college basketball than me.

Registered back in 2004 when I was J.Reedfan8 (hahaha I had to re-register to change that) Still a fans' fan of the minors... always have been. Its just amazing looking at potential future sox or college players. Always liked evaluating prospects. Maybe it's because I know some guys who are now in the minors who I played with/hung out with, or maybe its cause as a potential draftee myself.. I coulda been a 4.0 tool player, baseball stud.. :( **Cue for Heads to set me straight. :lol:**

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 26, 2009 -> 04:17 PM)

I don't think ST is going to be down very often anymore. This new server is a massive upgrade to what we used to have. Ain't cheap but its badass.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 26, 2009 -> 06:18 PM)

Jason, I really do love the direction you're taking FutureSox. It may be a few years later than you originally anticipated, but it's going to turn in to one hell of a minor league site. Though, a few years ago we were doing pretty well; I guess people just got busy. As they say, life got in the way. Hopefully its back for good now. And I'll try to be contributing something shorty, fyi.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jun 26, 2009 -> 10:19 PM)
Jason, I really do love the direction you're taking FutureSox. It may be a few years later than you originally anticipated, but it's going to turn in to one hell of a minor league site. Though, a few years ago we were doing pretty well; I guess people just got busy. As they say, life got in the way. Hopefully its back for good now. And I'll try to be contributing something shorty, fyi.

Yeah Jason got a job that took up more time and Heads and I were at college. Now at least Heads and I are bored in the summer. Then again, currently I'm not a college kid, I'm just unemployed haha. We also added a couple people (Seven and JPN) who have been great for us. Jason wants a ton of content and we've been doing pretty well I think.

QUOTE (bighurt4life @ Jun 27, 2009 -> 07:47 PM)
Saw a blurb today that said Mitchell was close to signing and should be inked within next few days. Don't really feel like looking for the source though, you're just going to have to take my word for it.

Trib blog

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune....ing-praise.html

Matthew Heidenreich, Jared McDonald, & JR Ballinger have signed per Scott Merkin from MLB.com.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/print.jsp?ymd=2009...sp&c_id=mlb

Right-handed pitchers Matthew Heidenreich (fourth round), Kyle Bellamy (fifth round) and Jimmy Ballinger (11th round) joined Phegley, the 38th overall pick from Indiana University, infielder Jared McDonald (21st round) and first baseman Leighton Pangilinan (40th round) on that list.

http://www.bruinsnation.com/2009/6/25/9245...-down-with-ucla

BN: We’re one week past the MLB Draft, at this point, where do you think the program stands personnel wise? I know there’s been some talk as to whether or not three of your more highly touted signees, Max Stassi, Trayce Thompson and David Nick will sign with the teams that drafted them or come to UCLA, but whether or not they do, how do you feel about your recruiting class as well as the guys coming back next year?

Coach: Yeah, I think the draft went as well as we could expect. I was happy for Casey Haerther, Charles Brewer, Gavin Brooks, [brendan] Lafferty, [Cody] Decker, [Gabe] Cohen, [Garett] Claypool and [Jason] Novak. I think it was a good representation in the Major League Draft. I always, as a coach, selfishly hope some of them could have gone a little higher. I’m happy for them. In that regard, it looks like all those guys will sign with the exception of Claypool. We’re hoping that Claypool decides to come back. It looks like that will happen. Blair Dunlap, we were expecting him to get drafted. He did not so he still has a year of eligibility left, as you know. We could be getting two really good players back with Claypool and Dunlap. Really, expectations were for those other guys to sign so nothing was really surprising there.

Of the incoming class, I think it probably went as well as we could expect there. Trayce [Thompson], second round to the White Sox, we anticipate him signing. David Nick has already signed with the Diamondbacks. Catcher Max Stassi is probably going to be an August 17th deadline guy.

Edited by CSF