Jeff Marquez Off the Disabled List

Chisoxfn

Marquez Activated from DL

BY John Norris (aka JPN)

Jeffrey Marquez was activated from the Charlotte DL today. Mike Johnston was placed on the DL to make room for Marquez. Supposedly he had bone spurs in his elbow, which is what has kept him out the past 6 weeks. We’ll have to wait and see whether he starts again or pitches out of the bullpen. Although, I’d question if the DL stint was dubious, considering how he got lit up in the 4 starts he made in April. When a pitcher gets shelled, then is almost immediately placed on the DL, it screams of a head clearing break rather than an actual injury. Of course, I could be wrong.

I'm interested to see if he produces at all when he gets back off the DL. His stuff was very meh all of spring and the big Sox homer in me hopes that Kenny wasn't just shooting us a bunch of malarky when he touted this kids arm and that we see him make some big strides now that he's healthy (if he was in fact hurt).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 15, 2009 -> 01:07 PM)
I'm interested to see if he produces at all when he gets back off the DL. His stuff was very meh all of spring and the big Sox homer in me hopes that Kenny wasn't just shooting us a bunch of malarky when he touted this kids arm and that we see him make some big strides now that he's healthy (if he was in fact hurt).

He WAS a highly touted prospect in the Yankee org if I remember correctly. Usually, there's something to it. Hopefully he can show us.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 15, 2009 -> 01:07 PM)

He was pretty "meh" in the AZ Fall League too when I saw him...

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 15, 2009 -> 02:18 PM)
He told some of the former Yankee minor league people that he was on the DL with bone spurs in his elbow.

Sure. Bartolo Colon's on the DL for a legitimate reason as well.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 15, 2009 -> 10:23 PM)
Dont be offended Jason usually gets his own name wrong and calls himself Jason Page on numerous occassions.

No big deal. People tend to have a blind spot for the letter N. I've dealt with it all my life, amongst other name related things.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jun 15, 2009 -> 10:30 PM)
No big deal. People tend to have a blind spot for the letter N. I've dealt with it all my life, amongst other name related things.

I wish your first name was Charles. That would be awesome and great for the site getting publicity