6/15 Games

Cali

QUOTE (beck72 @ Jun 15, 2009 -> 05:57 PM)
Danks hopping a plane to Chicago to play CF behind his brother Tues. night?

Probably not yet, but still when it does happen, which will be soon, it will be pretty cool. For both John and Jordan.

Plus Jordan's jersey will (hopefully) read: "Jor. Danks"

QUOTE (Cali @ Jun 16, 2009 -> 01:00 AM)
Probably not yet, but still when it does happen, which will be soon, it will be pretty cool. For both John and Jordan.

Plus Jordan's jersey will (hopefully) read: "Jor. Danks"

I wouldn't think he'd be coming up. But I'd like to see what he's capable of in Chicago this year.

QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ Jun 15, 2009 -> 09:05 PM)
I wonder if there is any chance we see Hudson in Birmingham this year. Im expecting/hoping that Carter gets the callup once some of the draft picks are signed and whatnot.

I'm thinking we'll see Hudson replacing McCulloch whenever he goes up to AAA.

Edited by Thunderbolt

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 15, 2009 -> 08:11 PM)
Nice to see Viciedo homer.

And added a walk, so both parts of his game that now need to start improving are starting to improve. And Hudson is really have almost an identical year to what B-Mac did in 2004 IIRC.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ Jun 15, 2009 -> 06:05 PM)
I wonder if there is any chance we see Hudson in Birmingham this year. Im expecting/hoping that Carter gets the callup once some of the draft picks are signed and whatnot.

If Hudson puts together another 4-6 good starts, we'll definately see him in Bham. In fact, I wouldn't be shocked if it is closer to 3-4 more starts.

Charlotte v. Pawtuckett postponed

Birmingham v. Mississippi

Viciedo 3-4 with a HR and 3 RBI 1BB

W-S v. Fredrick

W-S shutout but Hudson had another nice game

Kanny v. West Virgin

Justin Greene 1-3 2BB 2SB. He's hitting .318/.405/.494/.899 and 8SB playing CF. I think that he needs to be promoted to A+ but there's a bit of a logjam there in CF. He's definitely shown all that he has to show in Kanny though.

QUOTE (bighurt4life @ Jun 15, 2009 -> 10:04 PM)
Birmingham v. Mississippi

Viciedo 3-4 with a HR and 3 RBI 1BB

Other notes from the game... a 10-0 Barons win.

Very nice outing for McCulloch. 7 innings; 0 runs on 7 hits; 3 K's and 0 BB's.

Flowers 2-4, Cook 2-4, and Gartrell 3-4.

Viciedo, Cook, and Gartrell with 3 RBI's each.

----------------------------------------------------

A few other Baron's notes...

Birmingham has 4 players in the top 10 in the league in OPS: Flowers, Cook, Retherford, and Gartrell.

Retherford (at .309) is 9th in the league in batting average... the only Baron in the top 10.

Tyler Flowers (at .426) is 2nd in the league in OBP.

David Cook (at .526) is 2nd in the league in slugging... Retherford (at .517) is 4th in the league.

Poreda, Omogrosso, and Ely are 3rd, 4th, and 5th in the league (respectively) in strikeouts.

Poreda was also 3rd in the league in ERA (2.38) when called up.

Edited by scenario

Cook has 13 HR in 190 AB. In a full season that's 30-some-odd HR in a park notoriousuly hard to hit them in. He's also only struck out 28 times in that period, and has walked more than he has K'd. 26 of his 48 hits are XBH. And he's done most of that in May-June after a bad April.

And I agree that Greene, who is raking and also old for his level, needs to be promoted.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 16, 2009 -> 01:23 AM)
I'm surprised we have Hudson promotion talk so soon. Sure he's strung 3 very good starts together, but I don't see the need to rush him. If he makes the streak 9 maybe, but there isn't much point otherwise.

I say it because I don't think there is a major difference between High A and Low A so I believe that you usually see a guy that is pitching above the level move up very quickly when your talking about a guy that has now a good number of very good starts combined between Low and High A.

It would be different if it was between A and AA.