How do you feel about the Chicago Cubs?

Marky Mark

Your Cubbie Hatred/Love  

50 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the Cubs?

• I want them to lose more than I want the Sox to win
    • I want them to lose every single game, but Sox love comes first
    • I want them to lose every game, except when they're facing AL Central teams
    • I don't care whether they win or lose as long as they don't win a World Series
    • I don't care what they do
    • I want them to win games, but not the World Series
    • I like them more than the Sox
    • I want them to win a World Series, but then suck for the rest of eternity

What exactly do you mean? I’m going to infer that you’re talking about some of my posts on the Cubs forum. I’ll just say that I don’t really care about the Cubs over any other team. Yes, I like to see them lose, because they’re essentially a rival to the White Sox, but I don’t care that much, because they’re not even playing in the same league. So, while I can openly be really blasé about the Cubs, I can tell you that I hate the Twins, the Tigers, the Indians, and the Yankees. ETC. The Cubs don’t really impact, my day-to-day enjoyment of the game of baseball.

So actually you couldn't care less about the Cubs. :bringit

I hate everything about them; especially their fans who act genuinely astonished when I tell them that.

The team's overall ineptitude is historic and without peer. Its ballpark, though quaint, is inaccessible and reeks horribly of piss. The crowds at that park regularly trash that so-called "shrine's" field with garbage and hurl racial invective at players (most notably their own), yet consistently praise themselves as the greatest in all of sport. Honestly, I don't even like their uniforms.

The team's national popularity confounds and annoys me. The team is the Paris Hilton of sport; popular despite a complete and utter lack of quality achievement.

I realize everybody loves an underdog, but I especially retch when they're referred to as "America's Team." To me, the Cubs are more comparable to France (although the French have at least won something in the last 100 years).

I'll be honest, I grew up a Chicago sports fan. But, I didn't grow up in Chicago, I grew up in Birmingham, Alabama. I liked all the teams, I lost interest in the Bears after a while and solely became a Seahawks fan. They were my favorite AFC team, Bears were my favorite NFC team. I liked the Bulls and the Blackhawks, the Cubs and the White Sox. Both teams were on WGN all the time, so I watched as much as I could. Having a AA affiliate of the White Sox here in my hometown steered me more to being a fan of the White Sox though. I understand that it's a rivalry between the two, but living amongst the Alabama/Auburn rivalry, I dispise both of those teams and hope they both lose. Mostly because of the fans, Alabama fans are unbearable. I'll support the White Sox first and foremost, because I feel like part of the organization as a whole. I get to see the future of that team in person every year. But, I don't hate the Cubs. I understand that amongst Chicagoans, it's hard not to take a side. Black is always cooler than blue and red anyway.