Will Joe Mauer hit .400?

High Mileage

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 21, 2009 -> 01:31 PM)
You got Morneau at 1B, and any position has more longevity than C.

I think that the financial implications of this matter on the Twins will far outweigh the health matter for Mauer, but thats JMO.

Basically what I am saying is that they are going to choose one or the other in the next 2 years, and try and reload with prospects A la Santana.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jun 21, 2009 -> 01:34 PM)
I think that the financial implications of this matter on the Twins will far outweigh the health matter for Mauer, but thats JMO.

Basically what I am saying is that they are going to choose one or the other in the next 2 years, and try and reload with prospects A la Santana.

It really doesn't make sense not to use Mauer and Morneau as your cornerstones on offense, no matter if they take up a lot of your salary room. Both are two of the best hitters in the game, and both still have A LOT more baseball left them.

Also, considering they already locked up Morneau long term a couple years ago, they won't have to worry about him for a while.

• 1 month later...