Pitching Problems

Jim Fainter

The Sox aren't the only team with an important pitcher having serious problems this year (see Koch). Denny Neagle of the Rockies has been horrid again this year. 35 innings, an ERA of almost 9, 12 homers given up, and he's getting $10 MM per year. Ouch. General Managers can be so incompetent when you give them a blank check book.

Guest hotsoxchick1
The Sox aren't the only team with an important pitcher having serious problems this year (see Koch).  Denny Neagle of the Rockies has been horrid again this year.  35 innings, an ERA of almost 9, 12 homers given up, and he's getting $10 MM per year.  Ouch.  General Managers can be so incompetent when you give them a blank check book.

the thing that kills here is we could have kept foulke for a little more cash than what botch is making............their money wasnt that far apart........but the saves per game sure the hell are.. arent they....... ;)

the thing that kills here is we could have kept foulke for a little more cash than what botch is making............their money wasnt that far apart........but the saves per game sure the hell are.. arent they....... ;)

yup, i am an asshole.... i was happy with the trade.... now i miss the man

love the one your with ;)

I'm still happy, cause I know that Foulke walks away after this season, going somewhere that isnt 35th st, no matter who he is with this year

Hypothetically, Foulke walks after this season if we offer him $10 million for '04-'05? I'm not so sure about that. But who's the asshole who gave Botch $10 million over 2 years without throwing one pitch in a White Sox uniform? Nevermind.

Guest hotsoxchick1
But who's the asshole who gave Botch $10 million over 2 years without throwing one pitch in a White Sox uniform?

is this a trick question....... :huh: :lol: :lol:

NO CHANCE, I repeat NO CHANCE that either a) JR offers ANY pitcher that money, especially a closer..or b)Foulke would have come back to play for this Mickey Mouse organization.

So what's your point? Either JM doesn't resign KF because he's a high priced pitcher or because he doesn't want to pitch for the White Sox. And we're stuck with Botch. So? We trade KF for the equivalent of a bag of ball and bat tape? Sorry. I don't buy it. Even as cheap as JR is.

Guest hotsoxchick1
NO CHANCE, I repeat NO CHANCE that either a) JR offers ANY pitcher that money, especially a closer..or b)Foulke would have come back to play for this Mickey Mouse organization.

search the archives.. they offered botch a deal just short a few dollars than what it would have cost to keep foulke around.. had he not pissed off kw and talked out of turn he would still be here........ ;)

Koch is going to finish badass and your all going to feel stupid as s*** for saying the things you are..

Foulke sucked ASS last year in the first half, but then he turned it around just like Koch will...

Guest hotsoxchick1
Koch is going to finish badass and your all going to feel stupid as s*** for saying the things you are..

Foulke sucked ASS last year in the first half, but then he turned it around just like Koch will...

you dont toss 100 mph balls only to come here and toss 90 mhp balls and finish "badass"........either hes hurt or the air has gotten so thin around chicagoland that its slowing down his velocity........if he doesnt step it up a bit he wont finish half assed..........

When I started this thread I was making a rather weak comparison between our main pitching problem (Koch) and his counterpart with the Rockies (Neagle). Koch looks very good by comparison. Then, the very next day there is an article in one of the Denver papers about Neagle, saying that he is owed $28 MM for 2004-2005. This includes a $9 MM buyout for 2006. I repeat, how can GM's be so frigging stupid with their boss's money? It absolutely blows my mind. Rockies GM Dowd makes KW look awfully good.