Sox Win

qwerty

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jun 17, 2009 -> 03:17 PM)
Nice game by Danks and another nice game by Pods.

The resurrection of Pods has really been an amazing thing, and I'm enjoying every minute of it.

A true blueprint win for us. I'm looking for more of the same from Gavin tomorrow.

It's great to see the ERAs of Floyd, Danks, and Jose dropping so precipitously over the past few weeks. If this continues, we definitely have a chance...

Danks pitched out of trouble and he was absolutely dealing later in the game.

I think part of him being so good might have to do with that the Cubs offense can't hit.

If Thornton comes in in the 8th, we might be looking at a shutout.

Sox offense did execute, but didn't put this game completely out of reach. We should of tagged Dempster for at least 5 runs. Oh well, win is a win.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 17, 2009 -> 05:40 PM)
I swear to God Ozzie shows his management style so much better when managing NL games. Why can't we do risky, force the hand s*** when we're in the Cell?

He does. The players just don't execute most of the time. Today was a day when guys executed, and, of course, that makes the manager look smart.

QUOTE (G&T @ Jun 17, 2009 -> 04:42 PM)
He does. The players just don't execute most of the time. Today was a day when guys executed, and, of course, that makes the manager look smart.

Also with Thome in the lineup it's harder/more of a risk to do those things. The pitcher and no DH make for a different style of game, against AL lineups in the Cell you don't want to get cute and give up outs. Maybe with the way they are hitting at home this year mixing some more in isn't a horrible idea.

QUOTE (G&T @ Jun 17, 2009 -> 02:42 PM)

A suicide squeeze?? Wow! Danksy appeared to be dealing as well.

I'm happy and all but it's just not the same as last year, when both teams were legitimate contenders (and, IIRC, the Cubs had the best record in the NL). It's like back in the '90s when the two clubs were duking it out for the Tallest Midget title.