Sox Win

qwerty

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 17, 2009 -> 04:40 PM)
This series isn't what it used to be.

It hasn't been the same since we won the World Series. It used to be "this is the big series since neither team is going to ever win anything and hasn't won anything since the early 20th century", but since we won it all, it doesn't have nearly the same luster. That and the fact that this is the 13th season of the series has made it a bit less than it was. I don't mind it though, at the end of the game it's still just 6 games against a team not even in our league. With that said, I still hate the stupid, silly Cubs fans so winning these games is always a nice plus.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 17, 2009 -> 05:04 PM)
It hasn't been the same since we won the World Series. It used to be "this is the big series since neither team is going to ever win anything and hasn't won anything since the early 20th century", but since we won it all, it doesn't have nearly the same luster. That and the fact that this is the 13th season of the series has made it a bit less than it was. I don't mind it though, at the end of the game it's still just 6 games against a team not even in our league. With that said, I still hate the stupid, silly Cubs fans so winning these games is always a nice plus.

i admit i used to be a big time Cubs hater. would watch NL games to merely root against the Cubs. Now I don't even care at all about that team.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Jun 17, 2009 -> 05:07 PM)
i admit i used to be a big time Cubs hater. would watch NL games to merely root against the Cubs. Now I don't even care at all about that team.

I still hope they lose because their fanbase is a joke, but especially this year I don't pay nearly as much attention to them as I used to. I've finally figured out that caring about them is a waste. They're not worth the time of day until they do something in the postseason.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 17, 2009 -> 05:04 PM)

Perfectly said.

What has been very important these last 3 wins, is the 6, 7, 8 hitters [bA, Getz [Nix on Sat.] and Beckham] showing life. They've hit .300 [9 for 30], with 6 BB's, 8 Runs and 6 rbi's. I really like how lately Getz and Beckham are approaching their AB's [going with the pitch, not trying to overswing, making contact, working counts].

I like Steve Stone's comments about how teams will get tired of pitching him away if he keeps going to RF, then when they come inside, Gordon will be able to get his rips.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jun 17, 2009 -> 04:24 PM)
The resurrection of Pods has really been an amazing thing, and I'm enjoying every minute of it.

And I just found out today that Podsednik's one of the best defensive left fielders in baseball.

No, it's not a joke. His plus/minus as a left fielder was actually the highest among all left fielders from 2005-2007. I was like, no f***ing way.

At one point, Pods' Plus/Minus was higher than Rowand's in center field.

QUOTE (beck72 @ Jun 17, 2009 -> 06:47 PM)
What has been very important these last 3 wins, is the 6, 7, 8 hitters [bA, Getz [Nix on Sat.] and Beckham] showing life. They've hit .300 [9 for 30], with 6 BB's, 8 Runs and 6 rbi's. I really like how lately Getz and Beckham are approaching their AB's [going with the pitch, not trying to overswing, making contact, working counts].

I like Steve Stone's comments about how teams will get tired of pitching him away if he keeps going to RF, then when they come inside, Gordon will be able to get his rips.

Its amazing how much easier it is to turn over the line up when 3-4 guys aren't automatic outs.

The resurrection of Pods has really been an amazing thing, and I'm enjoying every minute of it.

Me too. I was against the signing of Pods. Was anybody on here in favor of it?

Pods is shutting up the naysayers. I don't want to jinx him, but what a great season he's had so far.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 17, 2009 -> 10:27 PM)

Pods is shutting up the naysayers. I don't want to jinx him, but what a great season he's had so far.

I was in favor of it.

At the start of the season I would've laughed and rolled my eyes if you suggested signing Pods. After seeing Lillibridge bomb hard, and Wise and Anderson being hurt at the same time, it had gotten to the point where we had to sign him, so I wasn't opposed. I didn't expect him to last this long though and I'm surprised at how solid he's been.

QUOTE (Cali @ Jun 17, 2009 -> 05:45 PM)
Getz is quietly hitting waaaay better, and his D has still remained solid.

I love his swing. He always tries to make solid contact and square that ball up.

Getz is beginning to look like a keeper at 2B, especially if Ozzie continues to manage here for the next few seasons. Unless Beckham regresses at 3B, I don't see him moving.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 17, 2009 -> 10:27 PM)

I was on it for the simple logic that a healthy Pods was better than Wise and Lillibridge.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 10:02 AM)
I was on it for the simple logic that a healthy Pods was better than Wise and Lillibridge.

Living here in Colorado, I got to see Pods playing sporadically for the Rockies last year, and frankly, I thought he was DONE. I held my tongue when we acquired him, but I thought it was EXTREME desperation on the Sox' part. Happily eating crow now.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 10:02 AM)
Living here in Colorado, I got to see Pods playing sporadically for the Rockies last year, and frankly, I thought he was DONE. I held my tongue when we acquired him, but I thought it was EXTREME desperation on the Sox' part. Happily eating crow now.

It WAS extreme desperation on the Sox's part. But it's been a glowing success so far, and kudos to Pods for stepping up his play.

Edited by WCSox

QUOTE (WCSox @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 11:09 AM)
It WAS extreme desperation on the Sox's part. But it's been a glowing success so far, and kudos to Pods for stepping up his play.

And he really is a good guy, who's easy to root for. I'll go so far as to say he deserves his wife's hotness. :headbang