6/18 Sox @ Cubs 1:20 CSN

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 04:34 PM)
Were the homers cheap or crushed? Oh, and it's a good thing we completely wasted Thome in the 8th. Ozzie's addiction to R/R and L/L match-ups is killing us today.

Lee's was in the basket. Soto's was harder. The pitches were BP fastballs.

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 01:34 PM)
Were the homers cheap or crushed? Oh, and it's a good thing we completely wasted Thome in the 8th. Ozzie's addiction to R/R and L/L match-ups is killing us today.

Lee's was in the basket.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 03:34 PM)

Soto's was hit pretty well, Derrek Lee's just made it into the basket.

QUOTE (ChiSox420* @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 03:34 PM)
If we are going to compete this year we need another right coming out of the pen... Linebrink has seemingly forgot how to pitch!

Wow did Guillen get afraid of being praised?

Sadly Dotel and now Carassco are now better options. I pointed out yesterday that Linebrink is the fourth best pitching coming out of the pen. He may seriously be the sixth.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 03:35 PM)
This reminds me of last year, when Dotel came in and took a s*** on the mound.

Indeed.

This is 2nd half Liney from last year -- velocity down, location horrible, skating out of trouble so Ozzie still uses him the same way, until he sucks so badly that there's no alternative other than to have him disappear for several months.

I hate Ozzie's use of Thornton so much.

After the 3 run hr, you have to f***ing pull Linebrink. He pitched a ton of pitches and wasnt even good.

How can every Sox fan understand this, but f***ing Ozzie screws it.

4 runs in 1 god damn inning, Id rather have f***ing brought in Jenks when it was 5-1 still and 2 men on base.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 03:35 PM)
I'd take MacDougal over Linebrink now. Linebrink is a one pitch pitcher, and that one pitch is the straightest fastball in the majors.

apparently you're not too concerned about throwing strikes...

Look up Linebrinks stats people. Over his whole career he has sucked in the second half. This is no shocker.

I still think the Sox should move there relievers and go at this with a chunk of youth. I want Dotel and Linebrinks contracts off the books (more so Liney's since his has another year on it and Dotel, well he's gone at the end of the year and has been very very valuable).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 09:35 PM)
I can't blame Ozzie. 4 run lead and you should be able to put anyone out there to get the job done. It's on Liney, not Ozzie.

Linebrink has looked awful for the last few weeks, and everything hit against him has been hard. There's no way in the world he should have been left in to face Soto.

Well, you either yank him after the first two batters reached or after Lee's HR there.

When you pay Linebrink and Dotel the type of money they're getting as set-up men, they HAVE to do the job. The bullpen is supposed to be the strength of this team.

It's obvious that Scott just doesn't have the same crispness on his fastball and pitches in general that he had the first half of 08 before the injury.

OTOH, it seems that the White Sox pitching can now keep them in the ALCD race and Beckham and Getz are looking really good, despite the error that was ruled last inning on Chris that was a tough one-hopper.

This is just terrible managing here. I can't believe he didn't pitch Thornton in this inning. Linebrink just has no confidence anymore.

i wish i coulda seen the looks on sox fans across the country. every single one of em must said...what the f*** are you doing ozzie? i mean every single one of them. this kinda s*** has been going on since i was a kid. somehow diehard fans could coach better than the coach. still to me the biggest UNREAL was why we ever pitched to bernie f***ing williams when it mattered. that guy always killed us...but did we ever do anything about it? nopesir.

once again...why cant teams bring this intensity to their game everyday?