6/18 Sox @ Cubs 1:20 CSN

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ozzie f***ed this game up today. I don't know why he's in love with Linebrink now for some reason. Has he been blind for the past month? Linebrink has been terrible.

Those two runs in the 8th did us in. If we didn't score those, Thornton comes in and we probably win this game.

Getz was also horrible at second today.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 02:53 PM)
Crushing loss

Ties the Cubs' biggest rally from four runs down against the Marlins...a game they ended up winning 8-6.

We're a .500 team, beating the Cubs two games in a row won't matter in the overall scheme of things unless KW sells off the farm system to improve the team this year, and that's NOT very likely...and probably would not be supported by many here.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 03:53 PM)
Well said...if the Cubs turn this thing around, I wonder if Ozzie/Linebrink will get playoff shares?

they had a game or two like this already and it wasn't a magical turnaround yet. Linebrink threw them BP and they hit it. Floyd battled today, but he didn't pitch as well as his line showed.

Games like this happen. How they bounce back will be more telling then how they lost it

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 03:51 PM)
bad loss on our s*** bullpen, but have to shake it off and win the series at Cin

Fixed for you, but what would a series win in Cincy do? Get our hopes up before we get swept by the Dodgers at home and look like a bunch of clowndicks against the Cubs again??

We managed to end our season and give re-birth to the Cubs all in one inning. I hope Linebrink never pitches for us ever again. He hasn't done s*** for us anyways. f*** HIM.

QUOTE (whitesoxmanager @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 03:55 PM)
will somebody please ban me from this f***ing site? end it now damn it. seriously already. JASON PULL MY PLUG! I WANT MY LIFE BACK!

Someone do it...

QUOTE (watchtower41 @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 03:56 PM)
Fixed for you, but what would a series win in Cincy do? Get our hopes up before we get swept by the Dodgers at home and look like a bunch of clowndicks against the Cubs again??

We managed to end our season and give re-birth to the Cubs all in one inning. I hope Linebrink never pitches for us ever again. He hasn't done s*** for us anyways. f*** HIM.

Did yesterday not happen?

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 02:55 PM)
Ozzie f***ed this game up today. I don't know why he's in love with Linebrink now for some reason. Has he been blind for the past month? Linebrink has been terrible.

Those two runs in the 8th did us in. If we didn't score those, Thornton comes in and we probably win this game.

He made the best play of the game on a ball up the middle by Fukudome that would have scored a run had it gotten through.

We could have survived the Lee homer, it was the Soto one that blatantly said "when/how will the White Sox manage to lose this one?"

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 02:55 PM)

He made the best play of the game on a ball up the middle by Fukudome that would have scored a run had it gotten through.

We could have survived the Lee homer, it was the Soto one that blatantly said "when/how will the White Sox manage to lose this one?"

Stop.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 03:57 PM)

He also booted two grounders right at him.

The second one looked like a bad hop, but you have to get that ball. If that out is made, the bad 8th might have never happened.

My thoughts are exactly what I wanted to be, I don't need your help.

This is a rebuilding or a "transition" year as KW likes to put it. They're sticking around in a bad division and now it looks like some of the young guys, BA, Getz and Beckham are swinging well. Quite frankly Gavin should probably have given up more than one run, he wasn't overly sharp today, but he battled. Linebrink blew the game. Like all Cubs fans do they'll overreact to tiny things. Obviously a horrible loss, but there's a tomorrow

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 03:55 PM)

Did you watch the game? He made an amazing play to save a run in I forget which inning (4th maybe?). The first error he made should have have been on Alexei. He just let the ball flip on the transition go right past him. The 8th inning error was f***ing terrible though.

QUOTE (lord chas @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 02:59 PM)
was just ready to believe in this team and ozzie pulls this crap

Yes. This game was the ultimate tease/mindf***. I'm in agony, but at least tomorrow's not an off day.

I can think of 3 games that the Sox should have won, but choked.

The game against Pittsburgh where Jenks took a dump with 2 outs in the 9th

The game against the Tigers when Wise was incorrectly called out

This piece of work against the cubs today

That's PLUS 3 WINS!!! Wouldn't we be close to first place?

Edited by Chet Kincaid

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 04:01 PM)
If you haven't noticed, so is the rest of this division, even your precious Tigers.

We HAVE to win games like this today. Absolutely have to. No excuses.

yeah, outside of the Sox 5 game series, they haven't looked very good lately