Promotions

JPN366

Looks like Seth Loman, Justin Edwards & Tyler Kuhn have been promoted to Winston-Salem. Daniel Hudson & Christian Marrero are headed for Birmingham. David Cook may be going up to Charlotte, watch this space.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 11:32 AM)
Looks like Seth Loman, Justin Edwards & Tyler Kuhn have been promoted to Winston-Salem. Daniel Hudson & Christian Marrero are headed for Birmingham. David Cook may be going up to Charlotte, watch this space.

I'd have to think some guys go to Kanny from the draft class then, or possible guys who played Rookie last year.

This is a good thread to have. Nice way to keep track of these throughout the year.

Wow Hudson really being fast-tracked huh?

Marrero and Kuhn were all-stars in their respective leagues...something definitely is happening in B'Ham b/c they wouldnt be promoting Marrero to not play every day. Cook and even Gartrell really need to be in Charlotte.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 11:45 AM)
Looks like Lee Cruz is coming up to B'ham too. That means more players from B'ham are going up to Charlotte. I guess they're finally dumping the duds in Charlotte.

Kind of cool to watch this in motion, and see where the dust settles.

How many available roster spaces do all 4 of the affiliates have? I assume Birmingham has to move 2-3 guys up, does Charlotte have any open spaces?

I assume we'll see Phegley and Mitchell in Kanny to replace some of the guys that moved up.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 12:03 PM)
How many available roster spaces do all 4 of the affiliates have? I assume Birmingham has to move 2-3 guys up, does Charlotte have any open spaces?

I assume we'll see Phegley and Mitchell in Kanny to replace some of the guys that moved up.

As of yesterday, Charlotte had 2 open roster spots, with Omogrosso taking one. They are severly short handed on position players though, so the other one will go to an infielder or outfielder. Birmingham had 1 open spot with Omogrosso going up, and Winston-Salem had 1 that has been available for a week.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 12:56 PM)
As of yesterday, Charlotte had 2 open roster spots, with Omogrosso taking one. They are severly short handed on position players though, so the other one will go to an infielder or outfielder. Birmingham had 1 open spot with Omogrosso going up, and Winston-Salem had 1 that has been available for a week.

Two players from B'ham have to move up with the promotions of Cruz, Hudson & Marrero. My money's on Gartrell and Cook, sad to see them go, but they deserve and earned it. That means at least one player in Charlotte's getting the outright boot. Corky Miller? He was just activated, maybe they are releasing him outright since he's not all that versatile.

Just goes to show which teams are better about keeping things updated. The Kanny roster (with the 3 guys moved up already taken off) is still somehow at 22. You would think it has to be at most 21 unless there was a corresponding move, but I don't see anything. Anybody else? Someone come off the DL?

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 01:24 PM)
Just goes to show which teams are better about keeping things updated. The Kanny roster (with the 3 guys moved up already taken off) is still somehow at 22. You would think it has to be at most 21 unless there was a corresponding move, but I don't see anything. Anybody else? Someone come off the DL?

Kanny and W-S can have 25 active. W-S still has only 24 active with the additions and subtractions.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 01:26 PM)
Kanny and W-S can have 25 active. W-S still has only 24 active with the additions and subtractions.

Oh ok, I don't understand why they have different numbers for different levels.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 12:45 PM)
Looks like Lee Cruz is coming up to B'ham too. That means more players from B'ham are going up to Charlotte. I guess they're finally dumping the duds in Charlotte.

If this is true we should never hear from Kyle McCulloch again. I love Buddy Bell.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 01:29 PM)
Oh ok, I don't understand why they have different numbers for different levels.

I've never understood the 24 at AAA and AA. Actually, in the Southern League up until a year or so ago, most of the season the teams could only have 23 active.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 03:08 PM)
I've never understood the 24 at AAA and AA. Actually, in the Southern League up until a year or so ago, most of the season the teams could only have 23 active.

Brandon Allen to AAA, Danks to DL.

QUOTE (Cali @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 03:21 PM)
Well there goes the Barons awesome team they started with haha...

I don't like Danks going on the DL. What the hell, you said he was gonna be alright!! Haha

I guess they're not pushing him too hard, let him heal up and be 100%.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 04:29 PM)
Why isn't Cook in AAA?

Allen must be in the Sox plans at some point this year. They probably want to see how he handles AAA pitching rather than sending a non-prospect up there. Although I agree Cook should be there, if it was one or the other I agree with their decision.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 03:42 PM)
Allen must be in the Sox plans at some point this year. They probably want to see how he handles AAA pitching rather than sending a non-prospect up there. Although I agree Cook should be there, if it was one or the other I agree with their decision.

There's room for Cook in AAA, Corky Miller is taking up a roster spot for no reason. I imagine once Jordan Danks comes off the DL, Miller will be released and Cook will finally go up to Charlotte.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 04:13 PM)
What’s cool is that this puts Flowers in the position to lead this team. I can’t wait to see how he responds.

He seems to have the poise to do it.