• Rodent-Hamster/Gerbil/Mouse/Rat
    • Reptile-Lizard/Turtle/Iguana/Snake
    • Ferret
    • Farm Animals
    • Other
    • No pets

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 06:04 PM)
Exactly what I mean.

It's "descented" to you -- but the rest of the human world can smell that thing from 50 miles away, regardless of gimmicks, surgery, medicines, or otherwise. :D

cats and dogs smell too. Hell, most people smell to me. Of course not to themselves. Regardless, I have glade timer sprays all around my house.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (rangercal @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 05:08 PM)
cats and dogs smell too. Hell, most people smell to me. Of course not to themselves. Regardless, I have glade timer sprays all around my house.

the odd thing about my dog is he is the most neutral smelling animal I have ever come across. Now the downside to that is it's because he sheds all the time so the fur doesn't stick on him, but we've had people over when he was boarded for big parties and people are suprised when they see the dish and they point out our house doesn't have a dog smell at all

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 04:09 PM)
I have dog named Bowser. He is a border collie mix and maybe the spawn of satan.

LOL, you aren't kidding. I have a border collie mix and he can be pure evil. He's smart as hell and he knows it.

I also have a pit bull, and he is the sweetest dog in the world. The 40 pound border collie mix kicks the 55 pound pit bulls ass all the time.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 05:08 PM)

You smell.

1 basset hound who plays dumb, but is not, 1 Chocolate Lab with the meekest disposition in the world, but taller legs than the basset.

Put them together and you have two dogs that figured out how to open the fridge, open baby-locked lower cabinets, set off any garbage booby-traps(mousetraps, shoes on the lid, weights on the lid), and now how to open the garage door to get into the garbage.

I have a lab mix named Candy (my sister named her). We adopted her from the shelter, and when we first got her she was a very frail and sickly dog that was so skinny you were able to see her ribs.

Now she's a happy and healthy goofy dog that acts like she's a 4-year-old child. :-D

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 06:54 PM)
1 basset hound who plays dumb, but is not, 1 Chocolate Lab with the meekest disposition in the world, but taller legs than the basset.

Put them together and you have two dogs that figured out how to open the fridge, open baby-locked lower cabinets, set off any garbage booby-traps(mousetraps, shoes on the lid, weights on the lid), and now how to open the garage door to get into the garbage.

LOL

Those dogs are awesome. You cant even get mad at them when they do smart s*** like that.

For anyone in the area, the Plainfield Humane Society just had their Dine out for Dogs event at Buffalo Wild Wings and make over $400! There is another one scheduled for July 11 at Chili's 12740 South Route 59 in Plainfield. 10% of all food sales that day will benefit Help Save Pets! (Plainfield Humance Society) Get your flyer now at www.helpsavepets.org or email me and I can send one to you.

Edited by Alpha Dog

Have a dog (German Sheppard and Grey hound mix) good looking dog. Adopted as a puppy , myself and my wife (mostly my wife) trained him beyond belief. Our Dog rings jingle bells when he wants to go outside or a cookie. Rings the doorbell when he wants to come in, it took a lot of time and patience but our dog has human characteristics. Currently thinking about adopting a younger companion for him so he can teach the puppy the ropes.

Edited by Soxpranos

As a serious dog lover, of course I have a dog. I lost my half rotweiler, half german sheppard a while back, but the family has a shih-tzu who I love dearly. Also Alex, hopefully your dog is okay in the morning. As a dog lover I was really saddened when you were telling me this on AIM.. :(

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 05:10 PM)
one dog. A border collie/terrier mix... a little high strung, but an awesome personality and was a breeze to train.

We also have a border collie/terrier mix. He's awesome.

We also have a maniacal miniature pinscher. I always wanted a doberman but our condo's too small so I got a tiny dog that looks like a dobie.

EDIT: Both were rescued.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 06:54 PM)

Dogs are ridiculous like that. My dog figured out how to unlock and open my slidin glass door so she can chill on my balcony.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jun 19, 2009 -> 01:30 AM)
The neighbor kid thought it'd be a good idea to give a chocolate chip cookie to a puppy.

Needless to say, i'm takin care of a puking puppy.

Which might not be a bad thing. Dogs can't digest chocolate...

My wife had a calico cat (Cookie) when I met her, I think she's 5 now. She is indifferent to most people in the house, but she is crazy about me and sleeps with me every night, sometimes she is by my feet and I accidentally kick her when I wake up. I swear she's anorexic or something though. She used to be a b**** to strangers esp. after getting spayed and being made to move to a new house, but now that she's adjusted she is friendly to all my friends except one. My stepdaughter was insistent on getting a kitten so we adopted a little bright orange tabby. She named her Sparkle (yeah, yeah, stripper name I know). Sparkle is annoying as hell though I swear to god. We should've adopted the year-old cat, first of all he is a male and would get along with Cookie (Cookie and Sparkle hate each other) secondly he is much more laid back. Sparkle has a special talent for ALWAYS being in the way.

QUOTE (Soxpranos @ Jun 19, 2009 -> 02:52 AM)
Have a dog (German Sheppard and Grey hound mix) good looking dog. Adopted as a puppy , myself and my wife (mostly my wife) trained him beyond belief. Our Dog rings jingle bells when he wants to go outside or a cookie. Rings the doorbell when he wants to come in, it took a lot of time and patience but our dog has human characteristics. Currently thinking about adopting a younger companion for him so he can teach the puppy the ropes.

Ya my old dog used to "ring" a cowbell we had set up hanging from the front door whenever he had to go to the bathroom. He'd occasionally abuse it just to go outside or get attention but 90% of the time he used it properly haha.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 19, 2009 -> 07:54 AM)
Dogs are ridiculous like that. My dog figured out how to unlock and open my slidin glass door so she can chill on my balcony.

Ya mine used to open the refridgerator. We had to prop a chair against the side for years so he couldnt get to it. Then, after 3 or 4 years, an hour after we remove the chair, there he is eating food out of the refridgderator.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 02:15 PM)
Go to an animal shelter and rescue an animal. They do have puppies, but you may also find a dog there a year old or so that you fall in love with. I am glad my home owners association has a limit on the amount of dogs you can have, otherwise my wife, son and occasionally myself, who volunteer at the Plainfield Humane Society,would end up bringing home half the animals we see! We have 2 beagles, both rescue dogs. Sometimes they take work, like our older dog. Her previous owners beat her and yelled at her, which made housetraining very heard. The slightest raising of your voice sent her quivering and peeing. but now she is the sweetest dog around, loves everyone and everything.

My friends adopted a black Lab a few years ago. For some reason that dog was terrified of me, but if I took my glasses off she was as playful as any young dog could be. She acted that way around anybody who wore glasses, so the conclusion we drew was that the previous owner she was rescued from abused her, and wore glasses. So she'd cringe whenever she saw anybody that looked like that. Thankfully, she's over that now. The only thing that really terrifies her anymore is thunder.