Linebrink

WCSox

He's been getting HIT hard lately. Given that he admitted his shoulder may not ever be 100% again, I'm not feeling too good about him being under contract for two more years. Uggh...

Edited by WCSox

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (WCSox @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 03:58 PM)
He's been getting hard lately. Given that he admitted his shoulder may not ever be 100% again, I'm not feeling too good about him being under contract for two more years. Uggh...

um... ;)

Seriously though, this thread will be ugly.

One pitch pitcher, which is a flat fastball. His shoulder injury has made it harder for him to keep the ball above the belt. He hasn't even been close all season with his splitter. It's time to demote him to 7th inning duty and use Thornton as our primary 8th inning guy. I don't know how many times Linebrink has to fail before this move is made.

The Sox need to move him if they can. I'm on board rebuilding because I dont' think the current team is going anywhere and its time to get things setup so the next crop of players can. That doesn't mean you give everyone away but it does mean goes who don't fit into the long-term plans should go.

I want to see more of Getz/Beckham/BA (even if I don't think he'll ever hit with his defense you need to see if he can) and of course Poreda/Richard/Danksy/Floyd. Plus get Flowers/Danks2/Brandon Allen/Omogrosso/Link opportunities.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 04:01 PM)
One pitch pitcher, which is a flat fastball. His shoulder injury has made it harder for him to keep the ball above the belt. He hasn't even been close all season with his splitter. It's time to demote him to 7th inning duty and use Thornton as our primary 8th inning guy. I don't know how many times Linebrink has to fail before this move is made.

Thornton was the setup man for a long time.

Dotel would have been better today. Seriously.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 02:02 PM)
The Sox need to move him if they can.

That's the problem: He's owed about $13 million over the next 2 1/2 years. No GM is going to pay that much for a guy with a bum shoulder.

Just want to VENT. Ozzie couldn't have picked a WORSE pitcher to put in the game in the 8th inning. I would have selected Jimmy Gobble over Linebrink. This loss was on OZZIE.

The team is not good enough to be able to blow games like this. These are SEASON KILLERS.

And to the pitiful CUBS, no less. Just totally sucks.

Having them down 5-1 in the 8th and losing to one of the worst hitting teams in the NL... ugh. This is extra-ugly. After yesterday's textbook win, it's like this just erased that.

Are there any reliable relievers in baseball today? Truly reliable? Our bullpen is like the rest of our team, wildly inconsistent.Tough loss to stomach. It'll probably get the Cubs rolling.

The media take on our win yesterday was blah. Cubs bats suck, etc. Today it'll be all about the Cubbies and their great comeback.

Apparently Linebrink is today's Soxtalk ™ scapegoat, not the guy who actually caused it all -- Chris Getz.

Typical Soxtalk is all I'll say.

Yes, it's ALL Linebrink's fault -- Getz didn't have anything to do with it...nothing at all.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 04:39 PM)
Apparently Linebrink is today's Soxtalk ™ scapegoat, not the guy who actually caused it all -- Chris Getz.

Typical Soxtalk is all I'll say.

Yes, it's ALL Linebrink's fault -- Getz didn't have anything to do with it...nothing at all.

How can you not blame him?

Yes, none of those runs were earned. But he gave up two homers to two guys who haven't hit more than 10 since the ASB of 2008.