Obama Kills Fly-Peta Not Too Pleased

rangercal

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 21, 2009 -> 01:01 PM)
By turning off more people who might have been receptive to an animal rights message. They make the vegetarian/vegan community look like a bunch of whack jobs.

I agree that is the negative. They also work a lot on reforms and energize their fan base. Do you think the people they turn off are then motivated to harm more animals than before? That is the only way I see them doing more harm than good.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Jun 21, 2009 -> 11:49 PM)
I agree that is the negative. They also work a lot on reforms and energize their fan base. Do you think the people they turn off are then motivated to harm more animals than before? That is the only way I see them doing more harm than good.

I think he means their marketing is effective, but it causes collateral damage. It's probably not the best way to go about things.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 20, 2009 -> 09:40 AM)
FYI - Not all vegetarians and vegans agree with PETA and it's tactics. I think they do more harm than good for animal rights.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 21, 2009 -> 10:50 PM)
I think he means their marketing is effective, but it causes collateral damage. It's probably not the best way to go about things.

I believe if you add all that they believe is good regarding ethical treatment of animals on one side of the scale and all the harm that BigSqwert is thinking, the good would outweigh the harm.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Jun 21, 2009 -> 10:55 PM)
I believe if you add all that they believe is good regarding ethical treatment of animals on one side of the scale and all the harm that BigSqwert is thinking, the good would outweigh the harm.

Again, I think your misintepreting what he meant, At least the way I saw it. Peta is a good organization, but sometimes with how ridiculous they get over issues, like the president killing a fly, it hurt's their cause by turning off the general public.