Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 26, 2009 -> 06:52 PM)
How is that fair and how is this bulls***?

There is no law that says if you are drafted you HAVE to play for that team. Rubio doesn't want to play for Minnesota, so hes staying in Spain. I think Minnesota should have done some better research if you ask me and this is their own problem.

Sports are about the fans first and foremost. Players who do this only hurt the fans of the particular market/franchise. I know as a Bulls fan that I really won't have to ever worry about this type of situation, but it does not make it right that there are about 5-10 fan bases that have to think about this in the back of their mind. It would be better for the league as a whole if this bulls*** would end. I hope to never see Ricky Rubio on a NBA floor. f*** him.

Edited by rangercal

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jun 26, 2009 -> 08:44 PM)
He wants to be in a big market. I don't think he cares about the weather.

Ginobli did fine in San Antonio.

Nowitzki did well in Dallas.

The Knicks are hardly a place to go to succeed.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 26, 2009 -> 05:47 PM)

With D'Antoni there already...and potentialy 2010 reinforcements on the way (You know as well as I do that 2010 cap space is a selling point for them right now) they do have some assets.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 26, 2009 -> 07:47 PM)
Ginobli did fine in San Antonio.

Nowitzki did well in Dallas.

You make good points, but it's not me you're trying to convince. I don't think Rubio cares, he just wants to be in a big name city.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Jun 26, 2009 -> 04:57 PM)
Sports are about the fans first and foremost. Players who do this only hurt the fans of the particular market/franchise. I know as a Bulls fan that I really won't have to ever worry about this type of situation, but it does not make it right that there are about 5-10 fan bases that have to think about this in the back of their mind. It would be better for the league as a whole if this bulls*** would end. I hope to never see Ricky Rubio on a NBA floor. f*** him.

You are out of your mind if you think its about the fans first and foremost. The only people who think that are fans themselves, not players or owners.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Jun 27, 2009 -> 03:29 AM)
How about a sig bet?

Sure why not.

I have the Wizards or the Raptors (if they re-sign Marion) finishing in the top 8 instead of the Bulls next season.

And I would assume the Pistons will be signing Ben Gordon and Carloss Boozer this off-season so they'll get back into top 4 contention.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 27, 2009 -> 10:58 AM)
With D'Antoni there already...and potentialy 2010 reinforcements on the way (You know as well as I do that 2010 cap space is a selling point for them right now) they do have some assets.

Right now David Kahn thinks Johnny Flynn and Ricky Rubio can play together for at least 30mins a game. Opposing SG's would be loving this, as you'd see either guy get abused down in the low post numerous times a game.

New York's gonna offer Nate Robinson and Jordan Hill for Rubio it appears.

And if I'm Minny, if Rubio ain't coming over, I take that deal.

Robinson will help put butts in seats, and Hill gives you a nice big man rotation with Jefferson and Kevin Love.

And Minny don't have a coach either (Sam Mitchell likely to be the guy though).

You gotta feel sorry for T-Wolves fans though. They've become the joke of the NBA ever since that season when they made the Western Conference Finals with KG, Cassell and Latrell "I can't feed my kids" Spreewell.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 27, 2009 -> 09:38 AM)
New York's cold too.

Hell, you play on the road in the NBA, you play in cold cities no matter what.

It seems playing time and playing in a big market seem to be his main issues with Minny ATM.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jun 27, 2009 -> 04:36 AM)
Bulls will definitely make the playoffs. The Magic were willing to go 8 million a year for Hedo. He didn't think it was fair. Good luck finding a better deal considering the salary cap is going down, and there are other FA's out there. If I'm the Magic, I sign a Rasheed Wallace or Antonio McDyess for the MLE. Also re-sign Gortat. Smith has gone on record saying it doesn't look like Hedo will be back. Carter is much better than him anyway, and he's actually been pretty healthy. VC was one of 3 players to average 20/5/5 last year which is saying something. He's a very underrated player not as well as a very underrated shooter. Very nice pickup for the Magic.

I'd love Sheed for the Magic. He'd offer much needed toughness next to Dwight, and he could shoot all of the 3's he would want.

It'd allow for Lewis to move back to the #3 spot as well, and Pietrus continues to be the 6th man.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jun 27, 2009 -> 02:03 AM)
Sure why not.

I have the Wizards or the Raptors (if they re-sign Marion) finishing in the top 8 instead of the Bulls next season.

And I would assume the Pistons will be signing Ben Gordon and Carloss Boozer this off-season so they'll get back into top 4 contention.

I'm thinking Magic Sig for Me or Bulls sig for you. Winner provides loser with sig, as long as it is in good taste. If you have any ground rules to add, let me know.

It is also up to the winner to remember this bet. You better not forget, because I sure won't. ;)

Edited by rangercal

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jun 27, 2009 -> 10:54 PM)
Does this bet between you guys get altered if a major trade happens and the Bulls land someone like Bosh?

Nope.

I'm hoping Bosh sticks with the Raps at least til the end of the season, then bolts but we'll see.

Also saw this;

So where will Hedo land?

Portland. The Blazers have been a rumored destination for Hedo for a while now. PDX doesn't exactly have a hole at small forward, with young studs like Nicolas Batum, Travis Outlaw and Martell Webster manning the position. But Hedo's ability to handle the ball and shoot really fits with Brandon Roy and the ball-control offense run by Nate McMillan. I'm not sure Hedo's a defensive upgrade over Batum (despite better size), but the rumor's been out there and it'd be silly to ignore it.

Toronto. The Raptors quietly have a grip of cap space, thanks to the Jermaine O'Neal/Shawn Marion trade. Because Marion is a question mark in terms of whether he'll return, the Raps also have a massive hole at small forward. (Remember: the team has traded Jamario Moon and Jason Kapono in the past six months. Joey Graham will be a free agent.) Toronto can offer Hedo as much money as anyone, and he'd be a solid fit behind Chris Bosh and Andrea Bargnani.

Sacramento. Rumors of Kings interest in Hedo have persisted since December. While I don't understand why a rebuilding team hemorrhaging cash would sign a high-priced 30-year-old while years away from contending, you can't deny the Kings' need for a top flight small forward or Geoff Petrie's adoration for skilled bigs who can shoot.

As for the Magic, this ends up being a cheaper option than re-signing Turkoglu, because they dropped about $13 million in salaries to pick up $17 million from the Nets. Presumably, Orlando will now let him walk as a free agent and promote Mickael Pietrus to the starting small forward spot, with J.J. Redick becoming the sixth man. The Magic can use some of the savings to re-sign Gortat, whose presence becomes more important now that Battie is gone.

Additionally, don't sleep on Anderson. A 6-foot-10 forward who shot 36.5 percent on 3-pointers as a rookie, he is a perfect fit for Orlando's system of spacing the floor with shooters around center Dwight Howard.

The deal leaves Orlando a bit thinner on the bench; Anthony Johnson will go back to being the primary backup to Jameer Nelson at the point after not playing a minute in the NBA Finals, and at the moment only eight Magic players are under contract for next season.

But if this nucleus is as good as it looks on paper, the Magic should have an easy time convincing veterans to come to sunny, tax-free Florida on minimum contracts to chase a ring -- much as Boston did two years ago by acquiring Sam Cassell and P.J. Brown late in the year.

And what a team it promises to be. Carter is a much better player than Turkoglu: Carter is deadlier on the drive and more potent from outside, and he's a better defender to boot. The Magic can put out a starting lineup of four All-Stars and Pietrus, and the amazing shooting ability should not only open space for Howard but provide plenty of creases for Carter as well.

After losing to the Lakers and their big front line in the NBA Finals, the Magic are expected to make offers next week in free agency to both veteran Rasheed Wallace of Detroit and young Brandon Bass of Dallas, according to two NBA sources.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 28, 2009 -> 07:33 PM)
Joe Budden was never cool...

And Jennings sure loves to talk s***.

Loved the part about Skiles.

Joe Budden may have never been cool to the mainstream rap fan....

But that's a different discussion for a different thread.