Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 11:02 AM)
Sounds like we may have gotten him for 1.8M for 2 years which would be an absolute steal.

Having Lewis, Bass, Anderson, Barnes and Pietrus who can all play at the 3 or the 4 is going to give us a lot of options. Barnes could start if we play Lewis at the 4 even, which I think will still happen.

Also, saw this on Hoopsworld today;

Barnes cannot play PF. Nor can Pietrus.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 12:54 PM)
Did you guys not lose Hedo?

Did Boston and Cleveland switch conferences?

Orlando is absolutely stacked. They upgraded Turkoglu into VC who was one of three players to average 20/5/5 last year with Kobe and LeBron I believe. They turned Battie into Bass and Andersen. They're turning Anthony Johnson into CJ Watson who actually can run and provide some serviceable minutes at backup PG. Also, Barnes can play PF as he did with the Suns and Warriors. He's better off as a SF though. I wonder what they're going to do with JJ Redick though.

Edited by nitetrain8601

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 02:37 PM)
Orlando is absolutely stacked. They upgraded Turkoglu into VC who was one of three players to average 20/5/5 last year with Kobe and LeBron I believe. They turned Battie into Bass and Andersen. They're turning Anthony Johnson into CJ Watson who actually can run and provide some serviceable minutes at backup PG. Also, Barnes can play PF as he did with the Suns and Warriors. He's better off as a SF though. I wonder what they're going to do with JJ Redick though.

still a 3rd seed. Can grab #2 from cle, but not on the same planet as Boston (at full strength) .

Orlando and Boston are pretty much neck and neck.

The trio's of Garnett, Pierce, and Allen cancel out Howard, Carter, and Lewis.

Nelson and Rondo are both good PG's with similar impacts.

Rasheed is clearly better than Gortat or Ryan Anderson, but I think Orlando has the better bench.

Cleveland should be right there with them as well, as they clearly have the best overall player of the bunch, and now Shaq. If Shaq is rejuvenated again then the trio of Mo Williams, Lebron, and Shaq will be tough to stop in the playoffs. Should be an epic year for the NBA.

Edited by Palehosefan

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 02:37 PM)
Boston is the hands down favorite anyway. KG coming back plus Rasheed >>> any other teams off-season to date.

Will KG ever be 100% again?

Will Pierce and Allen start showing their age?

Will Rajon Rondo run in to the crowd and beat someone up?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 02:47 PM)
Will KG ever be 100% again?

Will Pierce and Allen start showing their age?

Will Rajon Rondo run in to the crowd and beat someone up?

Will the Magic play way over there heads? Sorry, Orlando isn't that good. They got hot and made it deep.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 11:47 AM)
If we can get Boozer without giving up Hinrich, do it.

Hell if we can get Boozer WITH Hinrich involved, do it. I COULD understand the front office being hesitant to deal Tyrus which is understandable. Maybe a future star, potential off the charts, could bite them in the ass, yada, yada, yada. But Kirk f***ing Hinrich?!?! What kind of s*** is that?

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 22, 2009 -> 07:51 AM)
Will the Magic play way over there heads? Sorry, Orlando isn't that good. They got hot and made it deep.

I'm going to remember this Jason. :D

As palehosefan said I think our big 3 at least cancels out Boston's. The guy to me to watch out for in Boston is Ray Allen. Yeah he had a great playoff series against the Bulls but then he was terrible against the Magic. He'll be 34 when the season starts, and I think we've probably seen the best of him. I'd take Carter over Allen with all things being equal right now.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 10:33 PM)
Hell if we can get Boozer WITH Hinrich involved, do it. I COULD understand the front office being hesitant to deal Tyrus which is understandable. Maybe a future star, potential off the charts, could bite them in the ass, yada, yada, yada. But Kirk f***ing Hinrich?!?! What kind of s*** is that?

The problem is who plays guard if he is gone?

I COULD understand the front office being hesitant to deal Tyrus which is understandable. Maybe a future star, potential off the charts, could bite them in the ass, yada, yada, yada.

No.

I love me some Tyrus as well, but I wouldn't shed 2 tears if he was traded tomorrow. I'd much rather keep an experienced guard who can defend his ass off. Unless he somehow improves that basketball IQ then he won't be a future star & it'll never bite the Bulls in the ass.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 11:56 PM)
I love me some Tyrus as well, but I wouldn't shed 2 tears if he was traded tomorrow. I'd much rather keep an experienced guard who can defend his ass off. Unless he somehow improves that basketball IQ then he won't be a future star & it'll never bite the Bulls in the ass.

I agree 100%, but the bulls WANT to deal him, which isn't what I was arguing. They are hesitant to deal Kirk Hinrich of all players, which is what I'm not getting. Tyrus also plays hard, defends his ass off, but Kirk is just a better defender, and hustler as well, a leader though T.O. prone and lacks the vision of a point guard. s*** Boozer for Tyrus + Hinrich? As the biggest Tyrus fan on this board, I would drive T2 to the airport, but not if the deal is lingering on moving Kirk f***ing Hinrich.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 11:27 PM)

Fair point, though I'm assuming Pargo was signed as a backup PG who can score off the bench. The off-season is far from over though.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 03:51 PM)

Really? Orlando was one of the best teams in the league last season not even taking into account they lost an all star PG for half of the season.. They weren't playing over their heads..

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 09:27 PM)

Unless the Jazz for some reason want to not only add Hinrich (they seem to have a PG) but also want to add Hinrich's contract (Taxes are bad!), then you need to get a backup guard coming back in the deal.