Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Chi Town Sox @ Nov 6, 2009 -> 03:52 PM)
According to the Bulls mobile texts I get...Tyrus out 4-6 weeks due to fracturing his arm weightlifting. Surgery to come tomorrow

Definitely not what he wants in a contract year

Edit: http://www.nba.com/bulls/

Ah, f***, and there goes any trade value whatsoever. Gibson was moving into his position anyway, but I would have like to deal him for something.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Chi Town Sox @ Nov 6, 2009 -> 04:54 PM)
Anyone have ESPN Insider? If you go on ESPN's main page under the headlines - it says Why LeBron may end up in Chicago. Can't find anything on the Net about it though

There's a little bit about him ending up in Minnesota too, as quoted in this blog post. Of course, that will never happen, but it's fun to dream, right? :P

God I'm hating the Cavs more and more.

They complain that the refs didn't bend the rules for them on the last play even though the refs gave them calls all game when they shouldn't have.

This coupled with the LeBron leaving the court without shaking the Magics hand makes them one of the least classiest teams in the NBA.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Nov 6, 2009 -> 05:13 PM)
This coupled with the LeBron leaving the court without shaking the Magics hand makes them one of the least classiest teams in the NBA.

Not to mention ordering tapes to be burned from some unknown kid dunking in his face. LeBron is a joke.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Nov 6, 2009 -> 05:02 PM)
Imagining is about as far as everybody should go. Who the hell wants to play in Minnesota?

Jonny Flynn seemed pretty pumped about it :P

But yeah, that's never going to happen. It certainly would make things interesting though. We've got the cap space and our team has some good building pieces. I'm pretty optimistic about the future for the Wolves, even without James. I really like what David Kahn has done with the team.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (Chi Town Sox @ Nov 6, 2009 -> 04:54 PM)
Anyone have ESPN Insider? If you go on ESPN's main page under the headlines - it says Why LeBron may end up in Chicago. Can't find anything on the Net about it though

He wont, D Wade will though and we will destroy whatever team LeBron is on.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Nov 8, 2009 -> 12:25 AM)
He's incredibly impressive, isn't he? He's one of those guys who has the talk and the skills to back the talk up. He's going to be with us for a long time.

Not gonna lie, I hated it when we drafted him. But since that day he has become my favorite player on the team probably. I love Joakim.

QUOTE (Sonik22 @ Nov 8, 2009 -> 02:28 AM)
Not gonna lie, I hated it when we drafted him. But since that day he has become my favorite player on the team probably. I love Joakim.

I did too. Hell, i hated him in college. I thought he was a punk. He's grown since then, i never thought he be showing the potential that he is now.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Nov 8, 2009 -> 01:29 AM)
I did too. Hell, i hated him in college. I thought he was a punk. He's grown since then, i never thought he be showing the potential that he is now.

i concur, i hated him in college too, was so mad when the Bulls drafted him, still dont like him, still think hes a punk. But I gotta say hes changed from just a tall athletic guy to an actual basketball player, and he still has room to get better

It seems like the Allen Iverson "Memphis Experiment" is just about over.

At this point in AI's life, if he cannot accept the roles he is being offered, then its time to hang it up. You would of thought that he would have realized over last summer that people arent banging down his door anymore for his services.

QUOTE (Sonik22 @ Nov 8, 2009 -> 01:28 AM)

He is finally learning to play 48 minutes and to play intelligently. That has always been the big two strikes against him.

Hell of a long shot regardless.. but just to have everyone's pants creamed alittle.. From Vercey and the NY Post.

What's more, according to someone in the know, LeBron is viewing the Bulls as a wild card challenger; no other suitor need apply.

That explains why rising restricted free agent Tyrus Thomas, who suffered a forearm fracture in the weight room Friday that required surgery (out six weeks minimum), wasn't given an extension. Chicago definitely believes it has a shot at luring LeBron. As talented as Thomas is, the Bulls secured two excellent rookie forwards -- Brooklyn's Taj Jami Gibson and James Johnson -- in the draft and figure to have roughly $20 million in cap room in case LeBron feels the urge to replicate Air Jordan's Windy City flight plan.

As for the Knicks, guaranteed I could find 11 above-average NBA players who'd love to play for the veteran's minimum or thereabouts (one would command a maximum mid-level exception contract) for the opportunity to suit up alongside LeBron in New York in year one. When Curry and Jared Jeffries come off the cap the summer of 2011, the Knicks would then be able to recruit another certified stud or two and actually be in possession of their own first round draft pick.

To those who don't believe one word of the above or that LeBron would never leave his home state of Ohio, I say, hide and watch.