Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 28, 2009 -> 11:56 AM)
JVG

He's my number one choice, too. I think he is perfect for the job. The one thing I would like to know is do players like playing for him, i.e. can he attract the big-time FAs this summer? I think he is itching to get out of the booth personally even though he is phenomenal at it, but he's a coach at heart like his dad and brother.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Dec 28, 2009 -> 12:14 PM)
He's my number one choice, too. I think he is perfect for the job. The one thing I would like to know is do players like playing for him, i.e. can he attract the big-time FAs this summer? I think he is itching to get out of the booth personally even though he is phenomenal at it, but he's a coach at heart like his dad and brother.

After seeing him grab hold of a player's leg and be dragged around the court, I'm sure he has some rep within the league.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Dec 28, 2009 -> 12:14 PM)

Do we hear the same broadcast? That broadcasting team is all kinds of corny.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Dec 28, 2009 -> 02:04 PM)
I like it as well. JVG is awesome. I want him or Doug Collins personally.

They should have hired one of these coaches to begin with, VDN should never have been hired. His hiring alone should be justification for Paxon or Forman's firing.

I mean my goodness... didn't VDN's hiring seem like a poor decision from the time it was made?

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Dec 28, 2009 -> 09:14 PM)
They should have hired one of these coaches to begin with, VDN should never have been hired. His hiring alone should be justification for Paxon or Forman's firing.

I mean my goodness... didn't VDN's hiring seem like a poor decision from the time it was made?

Yes, it totally did... I mean you know you are a moron when the meatheads and mouth-breathers that call into radio shows really do know better than you. I tried to think of a single good reason at the time, I couldn't. I just kind of crossed my fingers and thought "I really hope they know what they're doing." They didn't, pretty much.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Dec 28, 2009 -> 08:31 PM)
Yes, it totally did... I mean you know you are a moron when the meatheads and mouth-breathers that call into radio shows really do know better than you. I tried to think of a single good reason at the time, I couldn't. I just kind of crossed my fingers and thought "I really hope they know what they're doing." They didn't, pretty much.

I mean you get the number 1 pick (Rose) and instead of hiring a former guard to mentor him (like Avery Johnson) you hire a guy who had never coached a single game in his entire life, on any level, and never was an assistant coach, on any level. Literally the first time he coached a live basketball game was in the summer league before his rookie season. That is absolutely retarded to me. The only thing I can think of is that the Bulls hired him and fully intended to fire him and hire an established coach before the 2010 FA class. If that is the case, then they are incredibly stupid and have done Derrick Rose and injustice.

The Bulls have royally bungled this whole thing up, and Pax along with Vinny and Gar need to go. I think it is time to look outside the organization for a GM that can evaluate talent and build a team better than what we have seen.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Dec 28, 2009 -> 08:42 PM)
I mean you get the number 1 pick (Rose) and instead of hiring a former guard to mentor him (like Avery Johnson) you hire a guy who had never coached a single game in his entire life, on any level, and never was an assistant coach, on any level. Literally the first time he coached a live basketball game was in the summer league before his rookie season. That is absolutely retarded to me. The only thing I can think of is that the Bulls hired him and fully intended to fire him and hire an established coach before the 2010 FA class. If that is the case, then they are incredibly stupid and have done Derrick Rose and injustice.

The Bulls have royally bungled this whole thing up, and Pax along with Vinny and Gar need to go. I think it is time to look outside the organization for a GM that can evaluate talent and build a team better than what we have seen.

The Bulls don't like to pay up for coaches. Phil Jackson was the only coach they paid and that was because they had no choice but to pay him. I don't think they hired Vinny to fire him in 2 years. They were hoping for a home run, but he struck out looking on 3 pitches.

I'm still trying to figure out what exactly Gar Forman gets paid to do.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Dec 28, 2009 -> 08:14 PM)

From what I remember didn't Paxson tell Collins the job was his until Reinsdorf put the axe on it? Same with D'Antoni if I'm not mistaken. I think D'Antoni was more of the Bulls not wanting to pay him.

I think if you're gonna give the great GM duo the blame, Reinsdorf has to take his share as well. It's obvious the Bulls are just his cash cow while the Sox are his baby.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Dec 28, 2009 -> 11:02 PM)
From what I remember didn't Paxson tell Collins the job was his until Reinsdorf put the axe on it? Same with D'Antoni if I'm not mistaken. I think D'Antoni was more of the Bulls not wanting to pay him.

I think if you're gonna give the great GM duo the blame, Reinsdorf has to take his share as well. It's obvious the Bulls are just his cash cow while the Sox are his baby.

I think D'Antoni was more seeing the $$$ the Knicks gave him and he signed the contract without going back to Reinsdorf to get a competitive offer.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Dec 28, 2009 -> 10:02 PM)

I think you're exactly right about that. I won't go as far as to say that Reinsdorf cares less about the Bulls but he deserves a great deal of blame for holding onto Krause too long and for failing to hold Paxon accountable for his recent failures. At some point you have to hold people accountable. I know that JR is really loyal, but enough is enough sometimes.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Dec 28, 2009 -> 11:02 PM)

I believe Collins was the other way round...they offered him the job, he took a couple days stewing on it, while the offer was out there the press learned of it and reported Collins would be the next coach, and then while that happened Collins decided he didn't want to coach.

The Houston Rockets and Tracy McGrady have agreed to part ways while the Rockets attempt to trade the seven-time All-Star forward, an NBA source confirmed to SI.com.

McGrady was sent home before the Rockets game against New Jersey last week after complaining about playing time. McGrady missed the first 23 games of the season while recovering from microfracture knee surgery.

McGrady averaged 3.2 points in 7.7 minutes in six games with Houston this season but is expected to be a sought after commodity because of his $23 million expiring contract, the highest salary in the NBA this season.

It is likely that McGrady will return to Chicago to work out with trainer Tim Grover, who helped McGrady rehab his knee in the offseason.

SI

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 29, 2009 -> 11:49 AM)
Could the Bulls deal Deng for McGrady? If so, I'd do it.

That cap space would be huge...

I'd try and sign Wade and Johnson, and then if you have room for a 3rd star (and you very well could) I'd go for Bosh/Stoudemire/Boozer/Lee.

A starting five of Rose-Wade-Johnson-Bosh/Stoudemire/Boozer/Lee-Noah would be lethal.

...and a pipe dream.

Edited by Quinarvy