Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (CryptviLL @ Jan 15, 2010 -> 06:51 PM)
The bulls are second in the league in Rebounding and first in blocks.

Pretty nice...

Game vs Wizards now, pretty good game thus far 34-31 bulls.

Pretty nice double overtime WIN!

Edited by BigEdWalsh

So, with the All-Star starter announcements looming, heres the case for Rose and Noah.

Rose: 1st in Scoring for East PG's (Not counting Arenas), 4th in Assists for East PG's (behind Rondo, Jennings, and Duhon), 3rd in Rebounding (behind Stuckey and Rondo).

Noah: 2nd in Rebounds for East C's (behind Howard), 8th in Scoring (behind Lee, Lopez, Bargnani, Howard, Horford, O'Neal, and Perkins), 8th in blocks (behind Howard, Dalembert, Haywood, Perkins, Lopez, Bogut, Hibbert), and second in Assists (behind Lee).

I see Rose getting in if Iverson elects not to play, although the coaches might pick him over Rondo if he keeps going at his current pace. Jennings, Duhon, and Stuckey present no competition.

For Noah, you could make arguments for Lopez and Lee making it in before Noah, depending on how much Noah's rebounding is called into play, though averaging a double double could help his case.

QUOTE (CryptviLL @ Jan 17, 2010 -> 07:57 PM)
Rose and Noah deserve considerable nomination. Rose I think is a must to get in, Noah on the otherhand has to much in front of him.

When are the rosters finalized? Because for now, Rose still struggled for about 1/2 the season with injury.

QUOTE (CryptviLL @ Jan 17, 2010 -> 06:57 PM)
Rose and Noah deserve considerable nomination. Rose I think is a must to get in, Noah on the otherhand has to much in front of him.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 17, 2010 -> 06:58 PM)
When are the rosters finalized? Because for now, Rose still struggled for about 1/2 the season with injury.

Either the end of this month or the very start of February.

Rose has to jump Rondo and Noah will have to jump Lopez and Lee.

I think Rose will get in over Rondo if:

1) They dominate on this road trip, which on the West Coast, is never easy.

2) Rose gets his stats to around 20 PPG and 7 APG. Both seem doable if he keeps going at the pace he is.

I think Noah gets in if:

1) Same as Rose #1.

2) If he has 3 or 4 more monster games (20 pts, 10 rebounds/10 pts, 20 rebounds/15 pts, 15 rebounds)

QUOTE (CryptviLL @ Jan 18, 2010 -> 08:29 PM)
Yeah I watched the game, it's just amazing how bad we become on the west coast.. I dont want to solely blame it on that.. but smh warriors were depleted, bad team, and they just stomped us. Bierdins (sp?) had 8 f**ing blocks.

To go along with 19 rebounds and 9 points (should of had a triple-double if Nelson left him in 5 minutes longer and if he made some free throws. Hell Stephen freaking Curry had 10 rebounds.

Ellis shot it 39 times as well.

As for the Magic, I think Otis Smith is going to do something, because right now I don't know if this team can make it back to the finals, unless they get extremely hot shooting 3PT's in the playoffs.

Vince Carter needs to become a 6th man in a Jason Terry role, while I would not be surprised at all if we try to get Arenas if he is let go from Washington.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jan 19, 2010 -> 07:06 AM)
Vince Carter needs to become a 6th man in a Jason Terry role, while I would not be surprised at all if we try to get Arenas if he is let go from Washington.

When are playoff rosters set? I.e. If he winds up with say, a 4 month jail term...

Oh lord, this is a dumb trade rumor.

http://www.hoopsnotes.com/2010/01/kings-wi...oni-for-thomas/

Noc back to the Bulls for Thomas? There would go the 2010 FA cap.

If the Kings were gonna take Deng too, I could see it working, but I doubt they'd do that (and salaries wouldn't match anyway, right?). You'd have to take an expiring contract like Kenny Thomas from the Kings for it to work, and I'm not sure how that'd go over.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 20, 2010 -> 11:47 AM)
Oh lord, this is a dumb trade rumor.

http://www.hoopsnotes.com/2010/01/kings-wi...oni-for-thomas/

Noc back to the Bulls for Thomas? There would go the 2010 FA cap.

If the Kings were gonna take Deng too, I could see it working, but I doubt they'd do that (and salaries wouldn't match anyway, right?). You'd have to take an expiring contract like Kenny Thomas from the Kings for it to work, and I'm not sure how that'd go over.

If that happened (it won't) I'd forever quit on the Bulls.

If the Bulls weren't so close to the Luxury tax threshold, I'd totally expect them to do it. Thankfully, reality is going to intervene; the Bulls are barely under the tax, and if they go over it, they lose about $4 million or so in tax payments. Noc is making about $3 million more than TT this year, which means that the Bulls would have to include an extra $3-$4 million in that deal to make it work. The only guys they have even in that range are Noah, or a combination of Gray + Pargo + one or two of the Rookies. Since the Bulls don't have extra $ to bring in people, they can't empty their roster with a 3 for 1 either.

Trade talks for Amare heating up as always

Though still not close to the level of last season, trade talk surrounding Amar'e Stoudemire has intensified.Chad Ford delivered the following report on Stoudemire's trade status. 'I was skeptical last week when I did my trade story. But since then I've had several signals come out of Phoenix that Amare is available for the right price. I think the Suns are really concerned that he wants to leave for a bigger market. I would've said last week there was a 10 percent chance he gets traded. I'd up it to 40 to 50% now based on what I'm beginning to hear.

I was daydreaming... What if:

-The bulls trade for Caron butler - Tyrus + whomever (Deng? Whatever..)

-The Bulls sign Chris Bosh

Our lineup next year could possibly be:

PG Derrick Rose

SG Kirk Hinrich

SF Caron Butler

PF Chris Bosh

C Joakim Noah

Bench: John Salmons

OMFG!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 20, 2010 -> 01:03 PM)
If the Bulls weren't so close to the Luxury tax threshold, I'd totally expect them to do it. Thankfully, reality is going to intervene; the Bulls are barely under the tax, and if they go over it, they lose about $4 million or so in tax payments. Noc is making about $3 million more than TT this year, which means that the Bulls would have to include an extra $3-$4 million in that deal to make it work. The only guys they have even in that range are Noah, or a combination of Gray + Pargo + one or two of the Rookies. Since the Bulls don't have extra $ to bring in people, they can't empty their roster with a 3 for 1 either.

I still think that if I could pull of Deng for Noc, I'd do it.

Noc hustles, shoots the 3 better then Deng, and has better defense, which are what the Bulls need instead of Deng's game. And it clears up some money.

I've also never really liked Deng, and love Noc.