Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

*sigh*

Talking of Noc reminds me about how a few years ago (the year they swept Miami) , everyone wanted a Bull. Whether it was Deng, Gordon, Nocioni, Duhon, Hinrich, or Thomas, I just remember hearing crazy things like Gordon for Gasol straight up, or Thomas, Deng, and a first rounder for Kobe. Man, we could have been the current lakers.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 20, 2010 -> 07:23 PM)
I still think that if I could pull of Deng for Noc, I'd do it.

Noc hustles, shoots the 3 better then Deng, and has better defense, which are what the Bulls need instead of Deng's game. And it clears up some money.

I've also never really liked Deng, and love Noc.

If you're my GM, I'm firing you.

QUOTE (CryptviLL @ Jan 20, 2010 -> 06:55 PM)
I was daydreaming... What if:

-The bulls trade for Caron butler - Tyrus + whomever (Deng? Whatever..)

Caron Butler > Deng? What? No way.

This Jazz-Spurs game is screwing with my head. I keep thinking the Sonics are playing. Since when is Carlos Boozer in Seattle? Oh yeah... I do like Dicky V in an NBA game. His Duke/UNC bias isn't a factor and he becomes a decent announcer again.

QUOTE (CryptviLL @ Jan 20, 2010 -> 10:32 PM)
Nawww Caron > Deng!

Caron better defensively which is what we'd need if we had Noah + Bosh + Rose getting points.

And clippers came back now. Going to be a good game

It's close, but to throw in Tyrus as well, yuck. That's the kind of move that has the team where they are.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 21, 2010 -> 01:15 AM)
If I'm your GM, I trade Deng, Tyrus, and the first rounder for Garnett back in the 2007 offseason.

So, in hindsight, you'd think that a lineup of Garnett, Nocioni, Wallace, Hinrich, and Gordon would have won anything, with how Wallace, Hinrich, and Nocioni self-destructed that year?

According to the Channel 9 Morning show, Derrik Rose's jersey is currently the 4th most popular in sales, only behind LeBron, Kobe, and Dwight Howard. Pretty impressive.

Very impressive indeed!

bulls off to 0-2 on west coast, figures... after doing so well, they go west and can't put it together...

So, in hindsight, you'd think that a lineup of Garnett, Nocioni, Wallace, Hinrich, and Gordon would have won anything, with how Wallace, Hinrich, and Nocioni self-destructed that year?

Agreed... :S

QUOTE (CryptviLL @ Jan 21, 2010 -> 09:20 AM)
bulls off to 0-2 on west coast, figures... after doing so well, they go west and can't put it together...

And the worst part is...that 0-2 start was against the teams they might have had a chance to beat. Next 3 games are back to back at Phoenix and Houston, 1 off day, then San Antonio. Really, there's no reason why they should win any of those 3 games.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 21, 2010 -> 07:38 AM)

Well, didn't they all implode because of the Kobe talk? I have no idea how it would have worked out. Maybe KG brings a good bit of leadership and takes pressure off of Gordon, Hinrich, and Noc. Thing is, I don't know.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 21, 2010 -> 10:56 AM)
And the worst part is...that 0-2 start was against the teams they might have had a chance to beat. Next 3 games are back to back at Phoenix and Houston, 1 off day, then San Antonio. Really, there's no reason why they should win any of those 3 games.

Well, unless they drink some of MJ's secret stuff, Rose and Noah aren't gonna be All-Stars.