Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 02:08 PM)
Hollinger is saying Hinrich won't be moved and Chicago radio is reporting that Del Negro was lobbying for the Bulls to keep Hinrich.

This is why I said earlier that the Bulls weren't going to move Hinrich. As far as I can tell, they've been able to move his contract and turn him into expirings for at least the last couple years, and they want a legitimate return if they're going to move him instead, which they're not getting with his contract.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (chw42 @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 02:03 PM)
Finally, Augustine will get some more minutes.

Now it looks like one of them pulled out. :lol:

KC Johnson: With all these guards, the Bulls might've accomodated Pargo's wish for more playing time and done a last-minute deal.

Found this interesting.. per Ford and Bucher:

Why Miami wanted Boozer

"The reason Miami made a last-gasp effort to get Carlos Boozer may have been because their chances of getting him this summer aren't that good, sources say, despite the fact that Boozer has an offseason home in Miami. Sources say Boozer's first choice is to join Derrick Rose in Chicago this summer via free agency. That puts the Heat in a bit of a bind, since Raptors PF/C Chris Bosh made it clear over All-Star weekend that he's not interested in leaving Toronto to be the second banana elsewhere. The Raptors, meanwhile, tried to fortify their ties with Bosh by trading Marcus Banks and Patrick O'Bryant to the Lakers for one of Bosh's good friends, Josh Powell, and Sasha Vujacic, a source says, but the Lakers turned the deal down."

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 03:47 PM)
Wade (or Johnson)

Rose

Noah

Deng

Boozer

Agreed. Do anything you can to trade Kirk in the summer, freeing up more money to try and sign a couple guys. Boozer is not a max guy and worst comes to worst.. if you can't net Wade, you can sign Johnson and Boozer. That is not a bad lineup right there. Dunno if it's "championship quality" but it's a legitimate contender. Some of these guys we got in trades could be useful next season if they sign for the cheap with us as well for the bench if the Bulls see fit. Still though, I would feel much better (as would anyone) if we netted one of the big 3.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 05:00 PM)
How does that work, financially?

Basically, you're required to move Hinrich somehow to do it. Either sending him to Utah while signing Boozer or sending Hinrich somewhere else while a different return moves to Utah.

It could also work if the best offer Boozer gets is the MLE, which the Bulls will be able to offer fully on top of any max deal they offer to Wade.

Gar was pure class in the conference, saying only good things about TT and Salmons.

Just finished reading the thread...

Like the Salmons and Tyrus trades. I like Warrick and Alexander as bench players, and Murray and Law expire. Also, possibly getting a first rounder is sweet. The Bucks probably won't be better than the Bulls, so pick-swapping is probably not gonna happen.

Miami has to be sweating, since the Bulls can now afford a max FA and the Heat didn't get Amar'e.

I think Wade will stay in Miami, because I think they'll jump on Amar'e quick in the offseason, since it seems there is mutual interest.

I don't think LeBron goes to the Knicks skeleton roster, so neither does Bosh, who goes to the Bulls.

This is what I want the Bulls roster to look like next year.

Draft Greivis Vasquez if they have a 18-30 draft pick.

Resign Devin Brown for cheap.

Resign Richard for league minimum.

Resign Miller if you have cap space for it.

Resign Alexander with whatever is left.

PG - Rose/Vasquez

SG - Hinrich/Brown

SF - Deng/Johnson/Alexander

PF - Bosh/Gibson/Richard

C - Noah/Miller/Asik

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 05:12 PM)
such a weird year for the NBA isn't it? Just feels like waiting for the old guard to shift into what will be the new faces of the NBA for years.

It feels like soon the top teams will be (depending on FAs) the Clippers, the Nets, the Bulls, the Heat, the Thunder, the Grizzlies. Of the "Old Guard" (I'd say, Lakers, Celtics, Spurs, Magic, Hawks, Cavs, Suns, Rockets, Nuggets, Mavs, Jazz) I see the Lakers, Nuggets, Magic, and Hawks being the ones to stick around for a while longer.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 04:51 PM)
Gar was pure class in the conference, saying only good things about TT and Salmons.

Just finished reading the thread...

Like the Salmons and Tyrus trades. I like Warrick and Alexander as bench players, and Murray and Law expire. Also, possibly getting a first rounder is sweet. The Bucks probably won't be better than the Bulls, so pick-swapping is probably not gonna happen.

Miami has to be sweating, since the Bulls can now afford a max FA and the Heat didn't get Amar'e.

I think Wade will stay in Miami, because I think they'll jump on Amar'e quick in the offseason, since it seems there is mutual interest.

I don't think LeBron goes to the Knicks skeleton roster, so neither does Bosh, who goes to the Bulls.

This is what I want the Bulls roster to look like next year.

Draft Greivis Vasquez if they have a 18-30 draft pick.

Resign Devin Brown for cheap.

Resign Richard for league minimum.

Resign Miller if you have cap space for it.

Resign Alexander with whatever is left.

PG - Rose/Vasquez

SG - Hinrich/Brown

SF - Deng/Johnson/Alexander

PF - Bosh/Gibson/Richard

C - Noah/Miller/Asik

The Bulls do not have a 2010 second round pick. We do have a first round pick and there are a number of different options at that point in the draft, I'm hoping for Xavier Henry. Mainly I feel we should draft a guard, I wouldn't mind a player like Greg Monroe if he lands to us.

We won't resign all of those players and Richard is on a 10 day contract and he seems to be staying around till Noah comes back.

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 06:02 PM)
The Bulls do not have a 2010 second round pick. We do have a first round pick and there are a number of different options at that point in the draft, I'm hoping for Xavier Henry. Mainly I feel we should draft a guard, I wouldn't mind a player like Greg Monroe if he lands to us.

We won't resign all of those players and Richard is on a 10 day contract and he seems to be staying around till Noah comes back.

He was already waived according to rotoworld

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 05:26 PM)
It feels like soon the top teams will be (depending on FAs) the Clippers, the Nets, the Bulls, the Heat, the Thunder, the Grizzlies. Of the "Old Guard" (I'd say, Lakers, Celtics, Spurs, Magic, Hawks, Cavs, Suns, Rockets, Nuggets, Mavs, Jazz) I see the Lakers, Nuggets, Magic, and Hawks being the ones to stick around for a while longer.

I'd say the Cavs are going to stick around a while when they re-sign Lebron.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 07:06 PM)
According to CSN they are projecting a cap next year of $53.6 million, and the Bulls to have $21.7 million to spend under it.

http://www.csnchicago.com/02/18/10/Forman-...&feedID=661

I'm guessing that's before cap holds. If the Bulls out of nowhere go over the cap(which I doubt), they'll sign the FA first, then sign their picks. It's really hard to project though considering we don't know where the Bulls will pick.

Right now, according to NBAdraft.net, we're projected at 15 with Xavier Henry. I would be thrilled as you could then sign Bosh, Boozer or Amare and have a somewhat balanced roster.

Edited by nitetrain8601

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 08:37 PM)
I don't think LeBron is gonna resign. I have no idea why I think that either.

I'd love to see LeBron go to the Clippers, just because I think they'd have the potential to be awesome adding him to the pieces they have, plus it's a big market. He'd never do that though.

As for today, nice day for the Bulls. Wish they would have traded Hinrich, but at least we now know there is room for a full boat guy this summer, plus the sign and trade option is out there.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 07:37 PM)
I don't think LeBron is gonna resign. I have no idea why I think that either.

I think he stays. Clippers are out IMO, NY isnt attractive enough (lack of surrounding talent), I just dont see him coming to the Bulls, I'm mixed on Miami, and he can get a max deal from Cleveland.

I think LeBron's real options are stay, go to Miami, or come to Chicago.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 09:26 PM)
I'd love to see LeBron go to the Clippers, just because I think they'd have the potential to be awesome adding him to the pieces they have, plus it's a big market. He'd never do that though.

As for today, nice day for the Bulls. Wish they would have traded Hinrich, but at least we now know there is room for a full boat guy this summer, plus the sign and trade option is out there.

I'd like to see him go to the Clippers, or to the Nets if they could attract David Lee for PF and land John Wall in the draft.

QUOTE (knightni @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 10:31 PM)
I have a feeling that LeBron, Dwyane, Chris, and Amar'e will all re-sign with their current teams.

I'd be shocked if Bosh stays in Toronto or Amar'e stays in Phoenix. I'd be pretty shocked if LeBron didn't resign, and quite surprised if Wade doesn't though.

And I get why Hinrich was kept, as he could be a piece in some sort of sign and trade deal this summer to bring a good player along with maybe a Joe Johnson as a max deal guy to town. I just don't agree with it. Although, I don't think the Bulls would have had room for 2 max deals even had Kirk been dealt.

Edited by whitesoxfan101