Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Mar 18, 2010 -> 12:11 PM)
Very injury prone player. He needs to be gone next season by any means. I still don't see him fitting with Rose long term like I do say.. a Rudy Gay. (though I'm sure that won't happen nor will a Deng trade with that contract unless were taking back a Kevin Martin like contract in return) His production though is still needed for this team to make the playoffs.

No one will want him for that contract. He is ours for a while.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 18, 2010 -> 11:03 PM)
For what its worth, if the Bulls are completely healthy, I could see them upsetting/hanging in with any team in the East.

They wouldn't have a chance in hell against the Cavs or Magic. They could probably "hang" with the Celtics and Hawks, but ultimately lose. The rest of the conference would be a toss-up.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 19, 2010 -> 03:43 AM)
They wouldn't have a chance in hell against the Cavs or Magic. They could probably "hang" with the Celtics and Hawks, but ultimately lose. The rest of the conference would be a toss-up.

I could see them pushing the Magic as long as Noah is there to make sure Howard doesn't chase after Rose with a chainsaw.

As for the Cavs...I have a feeling they could take them to 7, especially without Shaq there which would allow Noah to control the boards.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 19, 2010 -> 01:03 AM)
For what its worth, if the Bulls are completely healthy, I could see them upsetting/hanging in with any team in the East.

After that 5 game stretch on the road earlier this season, I could have been convinced, but right now, this team is in shambles, and I seriously doubt they'd be able to find a groove again this season or get 100% healthy.

Plus, they'd get outcoached. And it really doesn't matter who they played.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 19, 2010 -> 04:04 AM)
I could see them pushing the Magic as long as Noah is there to make sure Howard doesn't chase after Rose with a chainsaw.

As for the Cavs...I have a feeling they could take them to 7, especially without Shaq there which would allow Noah to control the boards.

I don't. In fact, Brad Miller does a better job on Howard because of his girth. Even then, the Bulls don't stand a chance against the Cavs or Magic. Heck, add the Celtics and Hawks. And yes, I've seen the Celtics play recently.

Bulls finally get a win at Philly but Toronto also wins.

And the Celtics have won 4 straight, beating Dallas tonight. Hate to say it, but Paul Pierce is starting to get it going and they're looking a little dangerous.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 17, 2010 -> 06:21 PM)
You'd need to trade Deng for a cheap contract to keep all 4 of those guys (Law, Warrick, Flip, Miller). And it has to be Deng, as he'll earn around $2M more than Hinrich.

If you trade Deng it'd be rather difficult if you wanted to leave cap space to pay for those 4, since you'd need to clear a fair amount of space (don't forget Asik and Gibson on the bench too)

any confirmation that Omer Asik is coming over next season?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 22, 2010 -> 09:34 PM)
You gotta love the fans booing at the end of the Bulls game because they held on to the ball with a ten point lead in the final seconds, keeping them from 100 points, and their free tacos, big macs or whatever.

That promotion should have been axed years ago, it is so stupid. Either that, or just make it people get free food when the Bulls win.

The people love the idea of free s*** more than anything. What percentage of those incensed fans would have actually redeemed their ticket? 5%? If that? It's like that guy who would trample a small child for a free t-shirt from a scantily clad 20-something or a jackass in a bull costume sporting an air cannon when you just know neither he nor anyone else will ever wear it.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 22, 2010 -> 11:03 PM)
The people love the idea of free s*** more than anything. What percentage of those incensed fans would have actually redeemed their ticket? 5%? If that? It's like that guy who would trample a small child for a free t-shirt from a scantily clad 20-something or a jackass in a bull costume sporting an air cannon when you just know neither he nor anyone else will ever wear it.

Haha this is so true.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 22, 2010 -> 11:03 PM)

Oh I know. It just cracked me up that an arena full of people who paid an average of at least $50 for each ticket, plus parking, beer, food etc...can't just go pay the $2 for whatever fastfood crap they are giving away.

Here's a trade scenario I want to bring up.

If the Bulls don't get Bosh, Wade, JJ etc. this off-season, would you have interest in trading for Al Jefferson? It's likely that the Wolves see what he's worth on the open market because he's not a good fit in the triangle offense. I'd say the Wolves could have some interest in Deng for instance, as they're not exactly stocked at the 2/3 spots.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Mar 24, 2010 -> 01:03 AM)
Here's a trade scenario I want to bring up.

If the Bulls don't get Bosh, Wade, JJ etc. this off-season, would you have interest in trading for Al Jefferson? It's likely that the Wolves see what he's worth on the open market because he's not a good fit in the triangle offense. I'd say the Wolves could have some interest in Deng for instance, as they're not exactly stocked at the 2/3 spots.

If the Bulls could move Deng, I'd take ANYTHING back for him.

Worst case scenario, straight up move Jefferson for Deng...the Bulls wind up saving money in 2013/2014.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 24, 2010 -> 09:55 AM)
That could be huge theoretically because it would allow us to acquire two superstars potentially by trading for one, and signing the other. They sure need to chase it down, Kenny Williams style.

I don't think there's any circumstance in which the Lakers would deal Kobe right now. I can't imagine they'd even work with you on a sign and trade.

Maybe if it involved them getting Rose.