Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

Read a little blurb today in a chat wrap saying that Kobe and Pau aren't on speaking terms at the moment,

I have thought for some time that something is wrong between Kobe and Pau. When they came through Orlando, they didn't say a word to each other and during both pregame and postgame availability, they weren't in the same room once.

Would be an interesting dynamic heading into the playoffs;

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, Pau has had a problem with Kobe for awhile. I remember he was taking shots at him saying "Now we can get back to playing basketball hopefully" after Kobe broke a scoring milestone IIRC. Pau wants the offense ran through him and it's never going to happen on a team that has Kobe unless LeBron is also on that team.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Apr 6, 2010 -> 08:49 PM)
Bosh is out indefinitely too with a fractured face FWIW also.

Ya that was a nasty elbow. I would think he would pull a Rip Hamilton with the face guard, but who knows. That only helps the Bulls.

VDN cost the game with his horrid coaching down the stretch not to mention Kirk and Luol forgetting how to make a basket.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 7, 2010 -> 06:46 PM)
Now that Bosh has a fractured face, if the Bulls don't get in, they will be failures.

5 games left and 1 game back.

Bulls still have to play Cavs and Celtics (against Boston definitely winnable), and have to travel to Jersey, Toronto and Charlotte.

I'd say it's likely they'll win 2 of those, possibly 3, moving them to 40-42.

Raptors have Boston at home, Atlanta away, Chicago at home, Detroit away and New York at home.

They should win the last 2, doubt they'll win the first 2, so IMO, it'll all come down to the Bulls game. Whoever wins that, will get in at the 8 spot, and be swept in 4 games by the Cavs.

In my mind the Bulls lost the chance to go to the playoffs last night. There was no excuse for them to come out that flat, that unorganized, that sloppy. They EXPECTED Milwaukee to lie down for them because Bogut was out, and had no idea what they wanted to do.

Any time Deng wants to make a shot after the first quarter will be fine by me.

And if anything should get Vinny fired, the last minute of the game last night should. 7.3 seconds left, and you have Brad Miller drive to the hoop when you are down 3 points? And whats with all the embarrassing defensive switching done during the game? Noah guarding Salmons? Taj closing out on 3 point shooters? They deserved to lose.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 7, 2010 -> 02:09 AM)
Ya that was a nasty elbow. I would think he would pull a Rip Hamilton with the face guard, but who knows. That only helps the Bulls.

Even if he pulls that off...what are the odds he's ready for a back 2 back game tonight?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 7, 2010 -> 07:40 AM)
And if anything should get Vinny fired, the last minute of the game last night should. 7.3 seconds left, and you have Brad Miller drive to the hoop when you are down 3 points? And whats with all the embarrassing defensive switching done during the game? Noah guarding Salmons? Taj closing out on 3 point shooters? They deserved to lose.

You sound surprised by this.