Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 12:16 PM)
I don't think that would be the best bet. It puts you in the same situation you were 2 years ago. You have to implement a whole new system in which you do not know if it's going to work or not. Players have to go back to learning the system, learning the ways of their new head coach, rotations, etc. You need some type of continuity. That's why it's only best to fire a coach if he completely sucks and there's a clear upgrade out there.

Right now I think the Bulls are looking like they will be screwed this off-season. Thats why I'd throw all of the money in the world at Coach K. Get him and you might just be able to land Lebron and than you are instant contenders. Hell, I don't care who Lebron had around him, he's that good.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 02:25 PM)
Right now I think the Bulls are looking like they will be screwed this off-season. Thats why I'd throw all of the money in the world at Coach K. Get him and you might just be able to land Lebron and than you are instant contenders. Hell, I don't care who Lebron had around him, he's that good.

I don't forsee Coach K ever leaving Duke. He had a chance in '99, then after Floyd was fired as well. I'm 100% sure, he won't leave Duke where he already makes a ton of money and he's king of the world.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 02:25 PM)

I wonder how good Coach K would even be in the NBA. Coaching kids that you recruited yourself at Duke is a completely different scenario than a bunch of multi-millionaires with huge egos in the NBA. I know that he won a gold medal with NBA stars, but that is a completely different situation.

Thank god for Bulls TV companion so I can watch the Sox and be updated on the bulls at the same time.

Cavs resting LBJ, do something tonight guys (or at least he's not starting).

This game is looking good so far.

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 06:33 PM)
I don't forsee Coach K ever leaving Duke. He had a chance in '99, then after Floyd was fired as well. I'm 100% sure, he won't leave Duke where he already makes a ton of money and he's king of the world.

Kobe wanted him after Phil left in 2004. IIRC, the Lakers made a play for him and he obviously declined. K is no fool. He knows where his bread is buttered. He'd get pwned in the NBA.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 09:13 AM)
And he's a wonderful defensive coach, and all of those players (that team talent wise isn't a playoff team) have bought into his system and they're getting results because of it.

Not to mention he's an outstanding X's and O's coach, obviously is lacking with the current Bulls coach in running plays.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 11:30 PM)
The Bulls do not deserve to make the playoffs. Losing twice to the Nets? Disgusting.

It's embarrassing. Nets... 12 wins and two came from us. I can care less how the Bulls do anymore, I'm done with them. It's Sox and Hawks for the spring/summer. The refs did not help much in this game though I'll say that. Almost seemed like they were trying to give that game to the Nets. Rose got fouled like 5 times (even when they showed the replay!!!) and he got no calls. Rose, Noah and Brad Miller did everything they could to win this game for us.

OT: J.R. Smith is one of the biggest idiots on the planet going 1 on 3, when your star player is laying on the floor. Even his own teammates called him out.

Edited by SoxAce

ESPN's htiting some of the ref work.

* At the end of regulation, Brook Lopez slammed home a miss by Courtney Lee with 0.1 seconds remaining to tie the game 103-103. The Bulls immediately protested that Lopez had committed offensive basket interference, and camera angles (there was no camera above the backboard, which would have given the best view) were inconclusive as to whether the ball would have touched the rim again before Lopez slammed it in. "They said he caught it off the rim, I wanted them to review it and they said 'No, it was a clean play.' And that was it," Bulls coach Vinny Del Negro said. "They said there was no doubt in their minds it was off the cylinder."

* The Bulls quickly went ahead by seven points in the first overtime, but the Nets stormed back and were within two points when Derrick Rose drove the lane and Courtney Lee reached in and grabbed Rose's left arm. But no foul was called, Rose lost the ball out of bounds off his knee with 25.2 seconds left, and Lopez tied the game on a pair of foul shots with 12.8 seconds remaining before Rose missed an 18-foot fadeaway at the buzzer to send the game to a second overtime. "They're the referees. If it was up to me, they had to see the foul. But it wasn't a foul, they called it out of bounds and that was that," Rose said. "I definitely did [feel contact], but it's not my decision to make that call. It's up to the refs."

* Rose, who missed four of his eight free throw attempts in the fourth quarter, was assessed a flagrant foul with 9:28 left in the fourth quarter for raising his elbow while trying to fight through a pick set by Kris Humphries. "I didn't really get a good explanation, but it looked like Derrick was just trying to fight over a screen," Del Negro said. The Nets turned it into a four-point possession to go ahead by nine, eventually getting their lead up to 11 before Chicago came back from a 10-point deficit in the final 4 1/2 minutes of regulation.

Boston lost again last night at home to Washington, so it looks like they'll get the 4th seed and Atlanta the 3rd in the East.

As a Magic fan, I'd rather play Atlanta in the 2nd round, even though Boston are prime candidates to be knocked out of the 1st round the way they have played in the last 50 games.

A Boston vs. Cleveland 2nd round series would be interesting to watch if the C's actually got their act together though.

Read about the refereeing in the Bulls vs. Nets game also, obviously the Bulls got the bad breaks, but they still control their own destiny at least. Beat Toronto, and they should be in.

VDN and Forman are at odds over Noah's minutes.

There have been times when the Chicago Bulls' management and coach Vinny Del Negro haven't appeared to be on the same page, and that was never more evident than Friday night in New Jersey.

And if Del Negro is let go after the season, as many expect, Friday night's confusion over how long to play Joakim Noah in a crucial game against the Nets will be discussed -- especially if the Bulls' 127-116 double-overtime loss to the Nets costs Chicago a playoff berth.

Noah has been battling plantar fasciitis much of the season and was on a 35-minute limit. Del Negro said he played Noah just 12 seconds in the OT periods because he was at his time limit.

"He's at a 35-minute limit," Del Negro said. "I think he was at 35:50 or somewhere in there. I had to get him out of the game, and that's what I needed to do."

But after the game, Bulls general manager Gar Forman let reporters know that assistant coach Lindsey Hunter asked Forman during the game whether Noah could continue.

Forman called Bulls executive vice president John Paxson, who gave Forman the OK to continue to use Noah.

But Del Negro stuck close to the time limit.

There is a possibility that the signals may have gotten crossed, or Del Negro simply wanted to stick to the minutes limit after taking some criticism earlier in the season for playing Noah 27 minutes during a game in late February, after saying that he would play only 10 or 12 that night. Noah missed the next 10 games.

This may be the worst possible time for a controversy like this to unfold. The Bulls face a must-win game against the Toronto Raptors Sunday night for the final playoff spot in the East. Del Negro is expected to address the media after the Bulls' shootaround Saturday afternoon.