Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 26, 2010 -> 11:17 AM)
Ugh, Aldridge would be so nice.

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 26, 2010 -> 01:25 PM)
seriously, aldridge would be so great.

We wouldn't have Derrick Rose if we had LaMarcus. He alone probably gives us a couple more wins from that 08 season. (unless Skiles and Boylan dick around with him as well, then in case I'm wrong) I'm quite satisfied personally.

Edited by SoxAce

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Feb 26, 2010 -> 01:52 PM)
We wouldn't have Derrick Rose if we had LaMarcus. He alone probably gives us a couple more wins from that 08 season. (unless Skiles and Boylan dick around with him as well, then in case I'm wrong) I'm quite satisfied personally.

Yea, at the time, it was an incredibly stupid trade, but the Bulls have been very lucky to get Rose, which sets them up a for a good future, so far, its looking better.

Edit: Secret to Tyrus's success now? The headband.

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (SockMe @ Feb 27, 2010 -> 10:31 AM)
Joakim just needs to shut it down for the playoffs.

But would they get in then? It's a sticky situation, lets just hope he heals up fast.

Rose wants Vinny back and tried recruiting.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=4948932

Chicago Bulls point guard Derrick Rose said Friday he would be happy if Vinny Del Negro returns as his head coach next season, and Rose believes there's a good chance Chicago will land a major free agent this summer.

Chicago Bull Derrick Rose joined "The Waddle & Silvy Show" to talk about playing for Vinny Del Negro and whether the Bulls can land a free agent this summer.

"Oh definitely, if he comes back I'll be happy," Rose said on "The Waddle & Silvy Show" on ESPN 1000. "If not, that's not really up to me, it's up to the front office.

"He's doing a good job with us, the coaching staff is doing a good job with us. He usually lets me go out there and play and lets me make the best of my mistakes. No matter what, he always tells me I'm doing a good job, and he's always showing me video. I don't have anything to complain about."

Rose, in his second season, was the first Bulls player to participate in an All-Star Game since Michael Jordan in 1998, and he said the event was a great learning experience. He had a chance to talk to some of the top free agents in this summer's class, which includes LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh.

"I told them Chicago is a great place, and if they want to come, we'll be more than happy to take them," Rose said with a laugh. "It would be huge if one of them comes here; either LeBron, Wade or Bosh. We'll take all of them if we can get them, but we can only get one. So hopefully they just come on.

"We definitely have a real good chance to get them. The Chicago market is unbelievable, and I don't see anyone really passing Chicago up if they can come here. Just give me a basketball player, just like we have now, and I'll be good."

Rose said one of the things he needs to improve on is becoming more of a vocal leader.

"It's been hard," he said. "The NBA is hard. They tell me I have to go in and tell them what to do. It's hard.

[He has to improve on] becoming a leader, being more vocal. Getting more comfortable, although I feel super comfortable now. People say the game slows down for you, but the game hasn't slowed down for me yet. My jump shot is getting more consistent, and hopefully next year I'll be shooting way more threes."

Also, Bulls will probably get the fifth seed if Bosh stays out, and they'll probably end up with Boston or Atlanta, and I think they can beat either of them in a 7-game series, especially with a healthy Noah.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 27, 2010 -> 02:07 PM)
Also, Bulls will probably get the fifth seed if Bosh stays out, and they'll probably end up with Boston or Atlanta, and I think they can beat either of them in a 7-game series, especially with a healthy Noah.

The Bulls haven't matched up with Atlanta very well the past 2 seasons. I would rather play an old, beaten, battered, and scarred Boston team.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Feb 27, 2010 -> 05:02 PM)
This team can't afford that.

Sure they can. If Joakim shuts it down until he's 100 percent healthy (which he should) and they miss the playoffs, I have no problem with that at all. It's not about this season, it's about this summer and the seasons after that.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 27, 2010 -> 04:06 PM)
Sure they can. If Joakim shuts it down until he's 100 percent healthy (which he should) and they miss the playoffs, I have no problem with that at all. It's not about this season, it's about this summer and the seasons after that.

This isn't an injury that causes permanent damage. Once you give it time to heal, it is over.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Feb 27, 2010 -> 05:32 PM)
They beat the teams they were supposed to beat when he was out.

Plus, Warrick and Taj filled in nicely.

We'll see if they can keep that up. I hope they can, but we all know this Bulls team is capable of going into a major funk.